Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Smell in the engine bay
stickyfingers
post Apr 7 2024, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,223
Region Association: Canada

Hi all. Need some help here.

I have been noticing some fuel smell in the engine bay. I noticed that there is leak of some sort as per the picture. What part is leaking here? And, what part is this? Sorry - I'm not mechanically inclined.

Appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
emerygt350
post Apr 7 2024, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25,740
Region Association: North East States

What flaca said. Old vehicle and all that. What a fun little dual oil circuit you have there. Mine is a dual pole but stuck under the front coil mount. I think it looks cleaner, but I like the fact yours still has the normal dummy light sensor in the chain, and it may not fit my way. Yours does introduce more leak points but they are all easily fixable.

The fuel smell is a worry of course. Work your way from the fuel line all through the injectors and regulator and pump. Don't drive it till you find it.Attached Image
Ignore the strange wires, you can see the dual pole attached to the forward coil mount. The zip tie is at least 5 HP.
+Quote Post
stickyfingers
post Apr 7 2024, 08:30 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 25,223
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Apr 7 2024, 08:12 PM) *

What flaca said. Old vehicle and all that. What a fun little dual oil circuit you have there. Mine is a dual pole but stuck under the front coil mount. I think it looks cleaner, but I like the fact yours still has the normal dummy light sensor in the chain, and it may not fit my way. Yours does introduce more leak points but they are all easily fixable.

The fuel smell is a worry of course. Work your way from the fuel line all through the injectors and regulator and pump. Don't drive it till you find it.Attached Image
Ignore the strange wires, you can see the dual pole attached to the forward coil mount. The zip tie is at least 5 HP.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I had a vapor issue with the fuel tank which was corrected by getting a new fuel cap.

I want to say that my smell is a mixture of fuel/oil burning. I have a lift at home and I've looked over everything else underneath. Had it even looked over by a mechanic - no fuel issue he mentioned last year.

Previous owner had replaced the fuel pump, fuel injectors, fuel filter vacuum lines, spark plugs and ignition wires.

I have tightened the pressure switch. Will run it again tomorrow to see if the leak comes back.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2024 - 01:46 AM