Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front Oil Cooler for Racing 2.8 Liter Six, How Big Do I Need to Go?
motorvated
post May 19 2024, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,519
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Working on my Vintage racer to upgrade to a 2.8 liter six race engine and was looking for recommendations for sizing my front oil cooler. This race motor has an oil filter installed in place of the stock oil cooler on the engine, so my front oil cooler has to do the full job of cooling the oil up front. I have been looking at the Setrab coolers and specifically their model number 50-150-7612, which is 16" X 8.25" with 50 rows. Smaller option is their Series 9, 20 row model number 920F22 which is 16" X 6", which might be undersized. I'm curious to learn what you racers out there have found to work best.

Also I'm trying to size a differential cooler for the Wevo 915 transaxle. It had a Tilton pump and cooler on it when it ran in the prior race car, but unfortunately they stayed with that car. So any recommendations for sizing that, with or without fan also would be helpful.

Thanks Mike S.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2024 - 02:31 AM