Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Question about shipping to Europe, Anyone recommend an Auto Shipper to move a car from US to Europe
frostyf
post Jun 11 2024, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,168
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hi All,
I've had my car for sale for a period, but I'm scoping whether I can keep it and get it moved across to Europe.

Has anyone got any experience shipping a car from the East Coast to Europe (UK, Germany, Italy)?

I'm trying to work out if there's a favourable method and whether there are differences in the cost depending on where you ship it to?

Many thanks for any advice,
Nick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
dax1969
post Jun 12 2024, 03:53 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

Hi there,

Imported 3 cars fm the usa to Europe a couple of years ago. Price ofcourse depends if you ship fm east coast or west coast. First time I shipped fm LA using the shipper https://shipdei.com/ - straight forward guys.

Second time car was shipped fm Miami port and I appointed local forwarder in Rotterdam to handle all matters (he used his agent at Miami port)

Best is to load car into a consolidated container --- then you split the cost over multiple cars which makes it cheaper. I paid around 1.000 euro to ship to Rotterdam (be careful, this was a few years ago).

Where can you save money :

* if possible bring the car to the shipper yourself (no land transport)
* put a lower value on the car (saves you on freight insurance and import duties).
* although I am located in Belgium (Antwerp !!) I used Rotterdam - saved me a few bucks on import duties.

My cost was :

* freight (loading/unloading container + seafreight)
* 3% insurance
* 6 % import duties over car + freight + insurance
* NO Vat (+30 year cars are exempted).
* 160 euro to bring car fm Rdam port to my door

Where will you be living in Europe ?

Remark : if you ship your car to Rotterdam or Antwerp I can collect and store it at my place so you can further transport your car to end destination whenever it's convenient for you (rent a trailer for example)

If other assistance needed on this side of the pond, just reach out - (fyi : I work in the port of Antwerp as shipagent (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) so know my way around)

greetings fm Antwerp
Dax

NOTE : Uk is out of European community so additional import procedure fm Uk to mainland !!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2024 - 02:29 AM