Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Steering lock bamboozlement, What the heck
Porschef
post Jun 12 2024, 06:40 AM
Post #1

How you doin'

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

Hello all, been out of the loop somewhat for a while due to some health issues (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) but yesterday was feeling better so I took a stab at getting my steering lock working again. Took everything apart, even drilled the special hole to release the tumbler
(Thanks @tweet !)

I didn’t notice, but the switch activator extension thingy did not come out with the tumbler. After messing with it for a couple minutes, I got it to fall out, along with a tiny roll pin. Finally figured out how it all goes back together and thought that would be it.

Nope. Here’s the weird thing, if I release the tumbler and pull it about 1/8” out, the lock bar will slide in and out the way it’s supposed to. But once I reassemble everything completely and turn the key back to the off position, that bar won’t extend back out to the locking position.

Also couldn’t figure out the purpose of the tiny spring loaded pin on the top of the locking bar slide, although it certainly must have one... (see pic)

I’m baffled.

Is a replacement assembly my best course of action here? Has anybody got one? I’ll try posting in the classifieds.

Anyway, here’s some pics...

TIA, Joe

Attached Image Here’s the Special Hole

Attached Image
Here’s that tiny spring loaded pin. In the background is the reassembled tumbler and activator

Attached Image Locking bar fully extended. Operates smoothly
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 11:25 AM