Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clean Wire Route, Fuel Pump
NARP74
post Jun 21 2024, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,549
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I am moving my fuel pump from an up front location to a better up front location. The PO ran the power wire through a hole in the passenger foot well. I don't like that idea. Is there a better option that routes from the fuse box to in or around the steering rack area?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 23 2024, 08:21 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

FYI...

The factory 1975-76 cars used a single black/red stripe equivalent to 12 gage wire from the relay board to the fuel pump in the front tank well, and a separate 12 gage brown cable to a lug welded to the chassis in the tank well.

Just extending the original 17 gage black/red wire from the original engine firewall location is a problem, insufficient ampacity.

Relocating then FP more forward than the front tank well increases a fire problem risk in a front end crash.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 02:48 AM