Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clay: At Fault, You break it, you buy it..
redshift
post Jul 29 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #1

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

Ok, Clay! Mr. Knowitmost!

I clipped the black wire, and it ran great for 80 yards, and pulled the same stunt! (in clay's own words... "*&!%^@#(*%^*!@"..)

Ok, the only thing different (besides the one wire... oh and some grounds, in an odd clip, that came off over near the fuse box, which I more than happily screwed into the body at the speaker box holes) now is that YOU TOLD ME THAT WOULD FIX IT, AND IT DIDN'T.

I am holding you personally responsible. Where do I send the attack dog attorneys?

You know what makes it run good? Same thing... YaNKin on the loom of hell wires... then it's hit, and miss... literally... sometimes.. but on the way home, it ran great, so I am intermitantly sueing you, buddy..

Jerk!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

M
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
scruz914
post Aug 2 2005, 01:56 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,724

I didn't see anything about this problem being fixed yet. Sorry it has take me so long to get back. I had a little problem with a kidney stone and infection that sidelined me for a few days. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

I am pretty sure the image is going to be too large but the lettering would be too hard to read if I reduced it.

If the problem is with the seat belt warning system then it looks like Clay's suggestion to cut the black wire between the relay and fuse block (schematic says fuse 9 not 8) might have worked. I am not sure though because it looks like that wire provides power to the realy and if cut you would not be able to start the car at all. There is no schematic of the relay so it is hard to tell.

I assume that the seat sensor and seat belt switches have been removed and you only have dead ends for their connections. I would say that you need to have grn/wht and yel/wht connected to their respective colors and the solid white and solid yellow wires left disconnected.

Sounds like from another thread you may be replacing the ignition switch all together. If so you should be able to tear out the relay and with it the short that is causing you problems.

Sorry I don't have any additional suggestions. Your RICO comment scared me away from that. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 07:15 AM