Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Loctite 518, Sealant
qa1142
post Nov 6 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Whiplash

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,140

anyone use this on their case?

What do you use where for rebuilds?

Case?
Jugs? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) love that word
pushrod tubes?
etc?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
DNHunt
post Nov 7 2005, 07:58 AM
Post #2

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

I've used it several places. It sets when there is no air in contact with it so you can put it on and let it sit on unassembled parts for a little while. That makes it great for case hardware like washers nuts and bolts.

518 can allow you to seal without a gasket. That makes it great for a lot of appended stuff like cam plug, oil pump, oil filter housing, taco plate but, not the O-ring. Be aware once it's deprived of air it sets up pretty fast and it's a bitch to clean off of parts once it's set. Cleanup of unset stuff is a snap so you can do a real neat job.

Don't try to seal the case with it. It sets up too fast and it will be too thick. I think you will do better with something that doesn't harden. I've heard of Yamabond or Kuril K2 and a few others. I think Shoptalk Forums has a lot on this.

Great stuff.

Dave

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd July 2024 - 04:45 AM