Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NPC: Should Daimler dump Chrysler?
Charles Deutsch
post Oct 21 2003, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

So far, the whole DaimlerChrysler thing hasn't been working out too well http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mlerchrysler_dc . I, personally, never understood why a premium, German, luxury automaker would buy the company that brought us the K-car. IMO, Mercedes should dump Chrysler the same way BMW dumped money-bleeding Rover.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
krk
post Oct 21 2003, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22

Hm. Well, I actually find mergers/acquisitions interesting. I've been on both sides of this fence. As a buyer you have certain goals, and as as seller you have your own agenda. Both sides make internal predictions/projections and then bets are placed. Someone with "responsibility" is the "owner". It is very uncommon to see the whole story from either side -- NDA's usually keep the good bits quiet. The bigger the game, the larger the... well, you know.

Oh, did I mention that the oh-so-predictable market place does change under your feet? And it can toss a spanner into the works? Nah, that can't happen in the 914 world....

The second stage that is also interesting is the reality check. How do you deal with what you bought? How do you deal with being purchased? Did it really work out? Can you make it into something interesting? As the market changes/evolves, can you react appropriately? Etc.

These are difficult things to pull off. When they work, it's a wonderful thing, and when they don't (for whatever reason), they are what they are.

No, I can't fix a Jeep.

Sheesh, I'm troubled with my 914.

kim.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 04:14 PM