Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HOW do i get my frozen R calipers unstuck from my rotorz?
Schump
post Feb 26 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,570

I have a '73 2.0 i'm parting out, and my rear calipers are uberfrozen to the newish rear rotors.
anyone have a good way to get the pistons to slide back through their original hard as hell rubber seals and unseat so they'll loosen up enough to remove the calipers?
i've already loosened the e brake adjustment nut and of course loosened the bleeders! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)
thanx a lot
914 addict
soon enough to buy another one...w/o factory rust for a mutant V8 mod....
after I turbocharge/intercool/big brake etc my just bought $500 88 jetta Gli w/ factory recaros etc... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Schump
post Feb 26 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,570

ah ha!
you guys reminded me of something i haven't done in AGES...
adjust the parking brake with that funny backwards threaded allen bolt w/ the locking nut on top. i know i loosened the nut, i never touched the 4mm allen!
now i'll rmember to turn it "backwards to get it out...i managed to get the front and rear chrome bumpers off tonight in the snow...those are going up for sale as soon as i clean and polish them.
lots more stuff too, but my dad said it HAS to be out of our driveway in 2 weeks...
luckily my buddy has a huge race shop w/ 8 acres of property! unfortunately, it's in colonial beach which is 1.5 hrs from here, but no worries
my goal is to simply get the motor running, drive it onto his enclosed trailer or a borrowed trailer (other VT friends have a new BMW shop close by with an open trailer i might be able to use...) and then drive it off into the back of his shop.
i'll sell the 2.0 when someone wants it, although it needs to be rebuilt, it's a good core adn it's still injected
other stuff too, but i'll post it in the right place when i have time...soon! (as soon as i get all my various motorcycle parts photographed, cataloged, and listed elsewhere...NEVER enough time!!!)
thanks again

and some of the prying ideas are good.
i used PB on the calipers to no avail
even bent the outer pad ears tryhing to pry back the piston with a channel lock pliar.
time to get more instruments of removal and wait for the sun to come up and it to get a bit warmer...I LOVE working on top of really wet melting snow!!! or in my unheated garage at 3am trying to get my car put back together enough to make it 4 hrs back to college for a 10am class...i've lost count of how many times i took a nap while under the beast! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 05:53 PM