Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT - Go Carts, Home Made - Looking for project to build with kids
Carlitos Way
post Jul 27 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #1

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

I'm thinking about building a go-cart with/for the kids. Thinking about an electric cart... but not opposed to a gas (lawnmower) powered cart.

Has anyone here built one from scratch?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Carlitos Way
post Jul 28 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #2

I did it MY WAY

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,757
Region Association: Southern California

Here's the deal...

We have a neighbor 3 doors down that has a little electric go-cart. But the kid is a bit of a jerk... and I'd love to put him in his place with the kids building their own go-cart... and beating him!

The boys are 7 and 8. I want this to be a dad/sons project, with them doing as much of the construction as possible. Simplicity is far more important than performance. At their age, they will be just happy to have something they can drive and claim to have built themselves. I was thinking I could do something tubular, helping them weld or thread pipes together and using a wood board/floor of some sort. The pre-fab idea isn't so bad... I looked at the Northerntool kit and it looks good, but it is about $700 plus the engine... which almost takes it out of scope for this project. I dn't want to sink $1500 into a project that the kids might not carry to completion.

Thanks for all the ideas... I'll check 'em out!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 01:51 AM