Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> mid rise scissor lift?, Which one is the one to get???
jhadler
post Dec 5 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Long term tinkerer...

Group: Members
Member No.: 529

I've scanned through the old posts, but couldn't find the info I was looking for.

I might be in the market to get one of those mid-rise lifts. I'm looking for the one that a couple people have said was great for the 914. Low enough to get the car on, and would rise high enough, and had enough room under the car to enable an engine drop/install.

I'd love to get some information on this one. A new lift for the garage might be in my immediate future! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Then I can REALLY get some work done... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)

-Josh2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Krieger
post Dec 5 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

Hey, what do you peeps think of this one outside of the price. The big advantage I think is that it weighs 160#s and you could move it to another car. Those steel ones are 800#s and don't seem that movable. Also for an extra $300 you can get casters that allow everything to move. This only goes up 27", but my buddy has one and it seems really cool. I (Santa) am about to purchase one of these so please chime in for me too. ezcarlift.com Thanks
+Quote Post
race914
post Dec 5 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #3

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Dec 5 2007, 01:17 PM) *

Hey, what do you peeps think of this one outside of the price. The big advantage I think is that it weighs 160#s and you could move it to another car. Those steel ones are 800#s and don't seem that movable. Also for an extra $300 you can get casters that allow everything to move. This only goes up 27", but my buddy has one and it seems really cool. I (Santa) am about to purchase one of these so please chime in for me too. ezcarlift.com Thanks

I saw the EZCARLIFT demonstrated at Buttonwillow during a track event.

You are right, it does come apart, and is easier to move. When I saw the demo, it did assembly pretty easy and with the cordless drill lifted pretty quickly too.

I included it in my comparisons before I bought.

Regarding moving around the garage. The Greg Smith lift actually moves ok using the pump stand with the wheels as the 'lever'. But as you point out, the Greg Smith doesn't come apart and can't be stored on a shelf out of the way.

Most other lifts also needs 110v to operate which you may or may not have where you want to use it, epecially if you want to take it to the track... I couldn't take the Greg Smith lift to the track...

I didn't need the storage/transport features, so for $700 less and a lifting height of 55" vs. 26" I went the mid rise route.

The EZCARLIFT would work well if your requirements were something lightweight, breaks down for transportation and/or storage and you only need 26" of lift. I'm sure it will need less maintence too : )
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2024 - 03:25 AM