Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Jacksonville 914 Restoration Recomendations
Swarm
post Sep 8 2004, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,723

I have 914 4 1.7 that I want to restore and I am looking for reccomendations for someone or place near jacksonville that "Does a GOOD job" without raping you on the cost. The car is in pretty good shape all things considered. The body is in great shape with really only a few small rust bubbles, rusted out battery tray and minor rust at the jack points. The engine hasn't been run in 15 years. Here is a run down of what I want done.
Entire body sanded derusted and repainted preferably in the new porsche boxter Cobalt Blue Metallic mmmm nice...
Engine REBUILT not just serviced I wish I could get a 2316 Annilator from Jake Raby but you know thats a little expensive
the rebuild at a minimum should include but not be limited to the following
I want the galley plugs drilled, tapped and plugged
engine cleaned out shiney including the galleys
new cam, larger valves and 911 style adjusters
Brakes replaced with 911 or BMW calipers.
Any structural fixes that might be needed or found if required.
I currently have a bid in the works with autoatlanta but I would like to make sure I look at my other options. I feel autoatlanta knows what they heck they are doing with 914's but might be a little on the pricey side for what you are getting.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Swarm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 01:00 AM