Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> More Transmission Woes, What should I do?
iiibdsiil
post Nov 14 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #1

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

Okay, my trans took a crap on me a while ago. It made some grinding noise, and now the car won't roll freely, even in neutral. I can get a couple rotations out of the wheel sometimes, and then it locks up pretty solid. It is definitely an internal transmission problem.

I have a line on a "recently gone through" 901-914 box. All is well with it, shifts fine, has pretty recent syncros in it. The seller wants $500 for it. All I would need to do would be replace the stub axle things on the sides of the trans with the bigger ones that I have.

But, my trans was just gone through in regards to new syncros, dog ears or whatever, and it was re-geared.

I know I can take my gear set out, and put it in the other trans, or I can just leave the stock gears in the other one, and enjoy it for a little while, since I am real anxious to get the car back on the road.

Question is, what should I do? Does anyone have a 901-914 box they would be willing to part with that doesn't have any of the transmission gears in it. I am pretty much going on the assumption that something is screwed up on the "rear end" side of the transmission. So, what I would be looking for would be a trans that had just the gear set pulled out the back, side shifter.

Or is this a reasonable price? I am about to jump on it just to get the car back on the road.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 05:59 AM