Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> smoothing rust pits, and engine bay color
scotty914
post Nov 15 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #1

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

ok i am slighty motivated to go work on my car again. i did the engine bay in paintable undercoating, now after seeing all of the pretty engine bays i want to clean mine up. so i am going to pull the motor or more like untie it and strip the under coating. the reason i did the under coating is two fold one was for sound purposes, the second was my pass side frame has rust pits but no rust holes. my car is black ( only real porsches are black). but i want a brighter color in the engine bay.

so do i use epoxy filler to fill and smooth the frame, i know grinding would take too much metal out, or would por 15 fill em in. i am thinking about using por 15 silver in the engine bay but how would that look with the body black or are there better colors. btw i do not have spray equipment so thats one reason for por

heres a pic with it in rust converter spray primer

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 01:33 PM