Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Alternate ECU's- my thoughts, your opinions?
ottox914
post Nov 17 2004, 08:58 AM
Post #1

The glory that once was.

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'll be running the yellow car in DSP next season, and we (this forum) have got the suspension in line with "how much bar is to much bar". On to the engine. DSP needs a stock long block, but intake and exhaust systems are free. I've got a Kerry Hunter header and supertrapp exhaust on now. So- on to the intake system.

Was planning to use the existing intake system, as it is more budgetary, and more torque oriented. Maybe over the winter research and build new runners and central plenum. But how to control it all?

I've been waiting as patiently as possible for the KitCarlson system, but have had other thoughts of late. With the KC system, you need to set timing values, fuel values, develop a VE table, and so on. And at this point, its all closed loop. Sounds like alot of work.

Plan "B". Go to "aircooled.net" http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewprodu...0007&cartid=and check out the safeguard system, as an ignition upgrade. Hook this up, and the timing is self adjusting for fuel quality, temp of intake air, height above/below sea level, etc. Then add a megasquirt, SDS, Haltech or other fuel only controller. Beg, borrow, steal a wideband O2 and let the timing self adjust, just keep dumping fuel till you get good O2 readings across the RPM range, and tuning is done.

Can it be that simple? Pros and Cons of each plan? Thoughts? Other ideas?

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 01:46 PM