Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sorta OT: Garage sale Score, Look what I just bought
skline
post Jan 1 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Born to Drive

Group: Members
Member No.: 17
Region Association: Southern California

I usually dont stop for garage sales unless I see something from the street that catches my eye like Porsche wheels and tools and such. So I head out to go to the auto parts store and right around the corner from me is this garage sale. I notice some large Craftsman power tools amongst the for sale stuff and think, hmmm. So I stop and walk up and the guy is pretty cool. He has this huge lathe looking machine sitting there and I ask about it. I already knew what it was as I have a few friends with them. Its a Shopsmith. He tells me it works great but he is moving to Idaho and cant take it with him. Says he has seen me working on the 914's over here for the past few years and never had a chance to stop in. Anyway, he tells me that he has to leave tonight or tomorrow to head up to the new house and really needs it to go away. He tells me I can have the whole thing for get this, $75.00 and he will even deliver it for me to my house. I tell him, uh sure, why not. It is way cool and does so much. It's got a band saw, a lathe, a belt sander, a table saw and all kinds of stuff. I can hardly wait to get it all hooked up and running. Here is the book that it came with.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 05:43 AM