Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Happy Birthday and Valentine's Day to my 'Valentine', Feeling a bit sentimental. Both me and my LE turn 40.
tumamilhem
post Feb 14 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #1

LUFTBRIGADE

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap, but I think this is pretty cool.

Both me and my LE are turning 40. It was 40 years ago this week that production of the 914 LE Can Am began. My LE is one of the very earliest made within the first couple days of production, the 11th (known) Creamsicle made. The first time I calculated the build date from the chassis number, I thought it came out to my exact day of birth - 17 February 1974! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday.gif) But then when I recalculated it correctly, the production date was actually 3 days earlier than the day I took my first breath - on Valentine's Day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) - Also coincidentally, the day after my parents' wedding anniversary on 13 February.

I since named my car Valentine, due to the "Valentine" red and white Creamsicle colors and it's birth date of 14 February. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

It's kind of surreal having your favorite car that just happens to be the rarest model of its breed and made almost the same day you were born - and driving it today, 40 years later. And the cherry on the sundae is the tag. Keeping my LE REALLY OG, I have it registered with an authentic, Duval County (where I live) 1974 license plate (there were only 3 in the country still available). And the renewal/plate dates across the tag read: 2/14/74 - the day my car was made. Maybe it's just me ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)), but I just think that's so cool. I'm pretty sure I'll keep this car forever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Anyway, Happy Birthday and Valentine's Day to my Valentine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Me and my LE turn 40
Attached Image

Renewal, Plate and Birth Date: 2/14/74
Attached Image

I always prefer my baby to be topless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
Attached Image

I'm Coco for Coco Mats! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
Attached Image

Attached Image

Valentine and Scarlet
Attached Image

Centennial Porsche + Audi, Eugene, OR (postcard of the same dealership in the same year that my car was first sold new)
Attached Image

I just happened to check the time on my phone this morning and it was 9:14. And with today's date 14 February - the day my 914 was made. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday.gif)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd July 2024 - 02:46 AM