Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bushings? We don't need 'um, ...ummmm, yes we do!
Black22
post Apr 7 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So I took the car out on our 1st 75F day here, just to stretch her legs. I seem to get some pinging at the high end on the RPM range. Changed timing multiple times. Can't quite get it yet.

So as I walk toward the teener from the rear, it looks like the passenger wheel is leaning inwards at the top. I compare it to the drivers side. BIG difference!!!

My first thought. Cracked console ear! NOOOOOOOO! I jack up the car, grab the wheel and I can move it an inch up and down!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) So I pull her back in the garage and (luckily) in about 30 minutes I have the trailing arm off the car and I find this...

Attached Image

There is supposed to be a bushing there, No? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Just placed my order to Eric at PMB. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) These are literally the only things I have never replaced on this car! Ear is fine, no ovaling or cracks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Trailing arm came off nicely. Car still had the caps on the three outside console bolts!

Eugene, Oregon alignment shop recommendations anyone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 06:33 AM