Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> front strut assembly help, thought I had it figured out!
gopack
post Feb 9 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #1

CHEESEHEAD in CA, MARK

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,472
Region Association: Northern California

Ok,
here is the dilema.
I put on my 911 strut assemblies, and found I needed a different clamp nut for those. No problem, with the help of you guys, I ordered the right ones and the thrust washers from PP. Well I put the drivers side bearings and hub on, and bolted up the wheel.. smooth as shit.
Then the other side. I need to point out I bought these a long time ago, used, so I have no idea what they are. So I try the other side, and I find that side has a 16 mm stub axel, not the 18 mm one liek the other side. So I says to my self, "Self, just use the clamp nut from the 914 setup!" Well sounds good, but it seems that the 914 clamp nut is coarse thread and the stub axel is fine like the other side, just smaller.
Here is the part number stamped on the strut body: 911-341-922-00. it shows up on PP as a susp. strut, special order. Not sure which car or anything else. I assume from part number it is fron a 911, no?. Someone that knows all that is P-car please help me here?

muchas gracias!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2024 - 06:15 AM