Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Return Fuel Line Question, Vapor Lock - Need Help!
Ansbacher
post Apr 7 2015, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Now that I am experiencing my first summer here in Florida with my 914 ('74 2.0L Dual Dellorto Carbs), I am running into episodes of vapor lock on hot days (like most days here). I have been reading that even carbureted 914s can benefit from a return fuel line that goes back to the tank, as it keeps the fuel cooler as it recirculates. My question is how to I plumb and route a return line. The old FI return line is present and capped off at the firewall. So, If I add line to that existing line and bring it up into the engine compartment, where do I tap into the existing fuel system? What I have now is: main feed line- a brass "T"- line to the right carb- line to the left carb (with pressure gauge). I am not running a fuel pressure regulator as my pressure never seems to exceed 3PSI anyway. Can a low pressure system use that old FI return that terminates at the BOTTOM of the fuel tank or does it have to enter the tank ABOVE the max fuel level?

Hoping for some answers as it is only getting hotter here by the day. Thanks all.

Ansbacher
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 06:05 AM