Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Questions on exhaust for newb, was curious
DrifterJay
post Jun 28 2003, 11:32 PM
Post #1

I break stuff...

Group: Members
Member No.: 737
Region Association: None

ok, I am a total newb when it comes to Porsches... I have been converting from Hondas and other japanese crap to something better. Explain how the exhaust system works. Like the heat exchangers and other bs. Also when someone gets a header system, does that remove the heat exchangers? Also, what compromises the 914 exhaust? Is there an 02 sensor, cat converter and such? Or is it a straight pipe. Keep in mind I will be getting a 72 1.7...Basically..from motor to tailpipe what is there. lol. Also, I have examined the car I am to be purchasing soon and rust is minimal..very little battery tray corrosion. Well the car has a old aftermarket exhaust system with dual outlets. In fact..its something like this 00 00. If that makes sense. I think the heat exchangers are there on it..I see all this tin around the exhaust. Are those the exhangers? Could someone post a pic of the exhaust with exchangers so I know what to look for? Also, should I change that exhaust to a single outlet, for reasons of too much backpressure loss? Ok thats a ton to digest..sorry for the long post. Oh yes, one more, what kind of exhaust is this?

THANX

Jared (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DrifterJay   Questions on exhaust for newb   Jun 28 2003, 11:32 PM
Andyrew   My best guess would be a really loud header system...   Jun 29 2003, 12:20 AM
DrifterJay   Why am I listening to someone a year younger than ...   Jun 29 2003, 12:55 AM
SirAndy   if your exhaust looks like the one in the pic belo...   Jun 29 2003, 01:04 AM
DrifterJay   thanx...I finally know what it is, it is identical...   Jun 29 2003, 01:06 AM
SirAndy   heat-exchanger: basically, you blow cold (well wh...   Jun 29 2003, 01:15 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 05:48 PM