Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: How I spent my weekend not working on the 914, Caterham 7 racing @ California Speedway
siverson
post Jul 14 2003, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

Wow, what a blast. I just got back from California Speedway this weekend (running the infield road course), but not with the 914 - my Dad and I rented Caterham 7s.

http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/index.htm

I've always liked 7s, and have toyed with the idea of getting one (probably to replace the 356 [my ~2000 mi/year car]), but had never driven one. The 7 certainly makes a not-so-good driver (me) look very good! My Dad and I were the only 7s and we were always 1-2 in our group, which included a 996TT, Viper, 83 Euro 930, C5s, an M3, A4, spec Miata. Many of these were dedicated track vehicles.

Ours had 208 HP Ford Duratec engines (new Ford Focus), and were 1250 lbs (wet, no driver). 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, and crazy handling.

Impressions: the Caterham is a no compromise vehicle. Performance is the only thing it does, but it does it very well (but they are still street legal). In comparison, the 914 is a comfortable, quiet, fast, heavy GT ride.

Attached is a not so great picture, but you get the idea. Anyways, off topic, but thought some of you may be interested. As ours were configured, they are about $38k new. The rental service we used was: http://www.autocourseinc.com/

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 10:31 AM