Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> VW Bus Engine in my sweet 914?, Pelican seems to say so.......
Gatornapper
post Oct 26 2019, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,449
Region Association: South East States

The engine number on my sweet '76 914 2.0, made in 10/75, with only 61k miles on it, is GC005071. VIN is 4762902176

Pelican says this in an old posting: "The 2.0L engine cases always started with the letters GA or GB."

They also say, "VW Bus Engines in 914s - This one occurs much more than you would think. When the engine inside the car doesn't match any of the 914 serial numbers, chances are that is an engine from a VW bus. Most of the time, these engines will be carbureted"

Well, mine wasn't carbureted in 2005 when our local Porsche dealer removed the D-jet system and installed the carbs - I have the service records. They had a bad ECU and could not find a replacement. I have it in writing.

So can anyone assure me that my "GC" engine is indeed a 914 engine - and thus Pelican is incorrect in their statement about 2.0 engines being only GA or GB?

TIA,

GN
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2024 - 11:29 PM