Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Windshield washer leaking at nozzle; fluid in rubber channel
Marcel Aircooled
post May 19 2024, 07:41 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,087
Region Association: Europe

Just have my 73 914 for a month and learning every day. I noticed a few times that there was some fluid/water at the nozzles of the windshield washer system even though I did not use the system but did not pay much attention to it. Yesterday it was quite warm here and I parked my 914 in the sun and when I moved it I saw a wet spot were I had parked at the right front. I also noticed some spill at the nozzles again and did some further inspection. Looking at the front trunk I found that water/fluid had run into channel for the rubber and after removing the rubber I found that it was wet at many spots and some water had build up in the corners. It looks like this has been an issue for quite a while already because the paint was coming loose in the channel and some rust has formed. Maybe has to do with pressure building up in the washer tank due to the heat? So now I removed the loose paint from channel and will use some rust converter and paint the channel again.

Here's the channel with the paint removed

Attached Image

My question is if this leak from the nozzles is common and if there is a (easy) fix? I don't want to have the same rust issue returning obviously. Here's a pic of my washer set up

Attached Image

It looks like it works with a pump and not with the pressure from the spare tire. I can empty the washer tank to prevent from leaking now but prefer a solution where I will be able to use the window washer system. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 05:53 AM