Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front brake pins and spreaders help, Front Brake Help
North Coast Jim
post Jun 9 2024, 07:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,450
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Attached Image

My project car has been running great for 3 years now and 5300 miles of spirited driving. Even made the last Teenerfest and ran the Tail of the dragon !!

Front brake performance has fallen off dramatically and upon inspection found that the spreader is holding the brake pads from closing on the disk. Ordered another set of pins and spreaders for a late 914 from Stoddards and received a set of pins and spreaders that do not work with my calipers. Upon review of other parts suppliers websites these are the parts I should be using.

See pic. The items on the car presently are shown at the top. Pin is 3.040" long and the vertical part of the spreader is "wide". The entire brake system was purchased from PMB
in late 2015 and has performed flawlessly until now. Calipers were stated as being for a "late 914". When I try and install the new parts the spreader impinges on the OD of the rotor and will not turn. Hard to install as well.

What hardware do I need ?? Thanks to the Brain Trust
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 09:03 PM