Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> small oil leak mystery, I have to do additional research but thought I would put it out there
mmichalik
post Jul 5 2024, 11:50 AM
Post #1

MikeM

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,600
Region Association: Southern California

I picked up my 75 from the alignment shop yesterday. And as anyone in CA or the rest of the country knows, it's warm out.
I have driven the car a total of maybe 75 miles since the rebuild. Taking it easy, shaking it down, stuff like that.
Yesterday, driving home the temp gauge on the dash read a little over middle but nothing major. The car was running great, I was not pushing it because of the break in that I am doing, and after about 20 miles, the motor pissed out about a 14 of a quart of oil. It's not burning it inside the motor, we can see that. It appears to have come out somewhere else.
Like I said, it was only a 1/4 of a quart or less but it got all over the jugs and the transmission so it was smoking and it looked like it was coming from the right side of the motor.
I got the car home, and it sat for about 2 hrs, then I started it up and watched the motor, while laying on the ground behind the car and to the side of the car. It ran for about 3 minutes and did not leak any oil.
I'm going to put it up on jack stands, clean it off really good and start it up and see if I can see it weeping from anywhere but I did not see anything yesterday.
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on where to look? It's really strange and has me a bit baffled.
Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 12:50 PM