Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Airflow sensor adjustment, L-jet troubleshooting
Anton
post Aug 4 2003, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Royal Orange

Group: Members
Member No.: 473

My 1.8 engine was running badly at idle and sounded harsh on acceleration. CO screw and dwell/ignition tune-up did not solve the problem. I thought it was time for another valve job until a 914 buddy of mine, Richard, adviced me to check on the airflow sensor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

After removing mucho messy glue on the cover (thanks, PO) and opening of the sensor, I found that the mixture was way too lean. There was a marking of the old position that was richer, but only after adjusting beyond this point, at a total of 8 (!) teeth on the wheel, idle became regular. What it did to acceleration and low rev. driving was even more remarkable... Is this what a 914 can do...? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It all became evident after a period of driving with backfire due to wrong dwell/timing. Some of you will now probably say "evidently". Also I have heard of this problem before, "just readjust a couple of teeth on the wheel", but a total of 8 teeth! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Anybody care to comment on this? Is this usual for an L-jet?

BTW, I have not yet checked the current CO reading.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2024 - 08:48 PM