Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I'm here now
Jake Raby
post Aug 31 2003, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Hey Guys.....
I have been getting alot of invites from members here to come help answer some questions and to kill some myths....

For those of you unfamiliar with me, or my business, My name is Jake Raby, and I own Raby's Aircooled Technology. We are a strictly aircooled engine shop specializing in the 914/4 engine and also the conversion of these engines into other aircooled vehicles. W edo a limited amount of 6 cylinder Porsvche work, and quite a bit of early 356 and 912 work as well....and even those old HP making Type I engines.

We have quickly became the leader of innovation with the TIV engine. My shop is small, only 2 of us assemble engines and products, but we continue to work long hours to push the TIV to the new spectrum.

Our 2270 series of engines are what we are known best for, no doubt. Making a 150 HP engine that lives for 100K with a freshening up at the half way point is not hard for us to do at all......Our 2316 series of engines is now pushing the 190HP range for a dual purpose street/race car. The 2316 does not live as long, but HAULS ASS! My personal 914 with the first 2316cc "Annihilator" (it was my test engine) made 181 BHP and will turn 7,500 RPM no sweat...thats 110MPH in just 3rd gear in my 73/ 914.....

If you want power, reliability, smooth idle., and longevity, then you are just like me and will appreciate what I chose to create when i was just a kid.

We have worked with the folks at www.bugmevideo.com to bring a correct engine rebuild video to life, and just next week will be shooting the TIV engine conversion video. Hopefully next year we will shoot a video on building a performance TIV engine with EVERY step explained in depth.

I have recently finished up my extensive cooling system tests and will have that data posted at www.massivetype4.com as soon as the site is fully completed and up. This site id for akll y products except complete engines, they can be found at www.aircooledtechnology.com

I will leave you by saying that I'm not here to advertise. I have a very healthy backlog already and work 18 hour days if I'm lucky just trying to keep up....I'm simply here to stop myths, and help you guys before you make the same mistakes I did....Consider me just a normal guy who lives,breathes, and eats the aircooled 4 cylinder engine....not even a business owner!

First and foremost I was an enthusiast just like you guys, but my sickness goes much deeper and just hapens to put food on my table!

See ya around!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jake Raby   I'm here now   Aug 31 2003, 03:51 PM
ein 6er   welcome jake!! now .... get back to work...   Aug 31 2003, 04:02 PM
URY914   Welcome Jake, :wavey: You're well known here....   Aug 31 2003, 04:10 PM
Dave Avery   :mueba: Heh Jake just joined my forum, www.spyde...   Aug 31 2003, 08:40 PM
Racer Chris   Welcome! Glad you joined the club Jake! :...   Aug 31 2003, 09:37 PM
cha914   Welcome Jake, Glad to see you showing up here...a...   Aug 31 2003, 09:50 PM
LvSteveH   :clap: Welcome Jake, we’re happy to have ya an...   Aug 31 2003, 09:50 PM
DuckRyder   Welcome Jake, Glad you can stop in occasionally.   Aug 31 2003, 10:24 PM
StratPlayer   Welcome Jake,, a pleasure to have you aboard.... :...   Sep 1 2003, 12:13 AM
Jake Raby   Thanks guys........ As for moving to the west coa...   Sep 1 2003, 09:02 AM
rhodyguy   jake, are you marketing the machined oil pump upgr...   Sep 1 2003, 09:25 AM
my15window   jake , love yor type 4 video, I was at rimco the o...   Sep 1 2003, 09:57 AM
Jake Raby   Yes....Iwas at Tustin.... I'm no different th...   Sep 1 2003, 10:39 AM
ein 6er   a chopper mechanic?!? hhmmmmmmmm ....... ever ...   Sep 1 2003, 03:51 PM
Jake Raby   I'm a Turbine engine guy....I have been on the...   Sep 1 2003, 04:31 PM
Lawrence   Welcome Jake and Dave, too! Dave: I've b...   Sep 2 2003, 11:06 AM
tat2dphreak   welcome Jake!! now I don't have to wad...   Sep 2 2003, 04:18 PM
fiid   Welcome, Jake. It seems like you have quite a bit...   Sep 2 2003, 05:02 PM
peridotian   Jake, Welcome to the board. I am ready to hand ove...   Sep 2 2003, 05:07 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:08 AM