Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sebring Debut
machina
post Sep 1 2003, 07:05 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

Just returned from Sebring, out first event with the "new car"

We never even had time to test drive the car before we arrived at the track but everything worked beautilfully. Totally new fuel system with fuel cel and 2 new fuel pumps, new electrical system, new brake system, 8 point cage, etc.

We did shred the alt belt and lost a header plug but that was easy to fix in the pit. Also had to be flat towed in after a connector came loose from the coil. Beyond the above, the car ran great.

Weighed in at 2088 with me in the car with full gear and 1/2 tank of gas. That puts the car at just under 1900 pounds and that is with the full steel bodywork, steel bumpers, and an overbuilt but super safe roll cage.

Next is the motor, our 1.7 has never been rebuilt, I think it gave its life for us this weekend, major blowby in the tank but still running. We could only turn 3:10 which put us about in the middle of the pack in vintage group. The car just couldn't pull down the straights with the old motor but reeled almost any other car in under braking and turning, really remarkable. The brakes are totally stock but worked fantastic. I think they are sized pretty well for the weight and power of the car.

Time to get ready for next month.

dr
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 10:40 AM