Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advice Needed, New Project / Money Pit
supernova
post Sep 3 2003, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,099

Hi All,

Once upon a time I owned a 1.8 914 and did I love that car. Been watching the forum for a while and I'm in need of some advice as I'm looking for a new project to fill my side of the garage.

So consider the following stupid questions but I wanna make sure a 914 would work and if nothing else you folks could consider this an exercise in brain muscles.

What I'm wanting is a two seat, nimble sports car to use for open road rallies and to use as an occasional daily driver aka:street legal. For ORR I'm wanting to run in the unlimited class and so I need the car to move along at 180mph +.

Now I know I could do this with a vette or something similar but that seems boring as I want something unique.

So, would it be possible/realistic to take a 914 - stiffen the chass., upgrade the suspension, big brakes, roll cage, 915 tranny, 600hp 350 chebby?

I'm looking to leave it stock looking on the outside short of larger flares for decent size tires and I'm thinking 600hp would push the thing as needed. I've no idea what kinda gearing would be required short of the heavier tranny and or if what I'm wanting is realistic.

So I (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) to the 914 gurus and look forward to your advice and yes, I understand this will be a money pit, but hopefully it'll make the navigator (my wife) scream (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
supernova   Advice Needed   Sep 3 2003, 07:46 AM
KaptKaos   There are cheaper ways to make your wife scream.   Sep 3 2003, 10:06 AM
seanery   I don't think there is any way you will be abl...   Sep 3 2003, 10:24 AM
Jeffs9146   Plan on using both sides of the garage!! T...   Sep 3 2003, 10:29 AM
Charles Deutsch   I wonder how much lift a 914 body would produce at...   Sep 3 2003, 10:38 AM
seanery   a big wing will be a necessity, as well as a front...   Sep 3 2003, 10:41 AM
supernova  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2024 - 01:05 PM