Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Drag racers [NPC], Pretty wild
campbellcj
post Sep 6 2003, 09:34 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Went to a wedding reception today and it turned out the groom is one of those middle-aged "reformed bachelor" types...the house decor was kind of a crackup. Anyways, he is a serious NHRA drag racer of some sorts. Car is a Pro Stock Pontiac with an alum-head 583(?) CI Chebby, MSD crankfire ignition, large alloy radiator, and a bunch of other electronics and stuff I didn't really recognize. The carb was about the size of a dinner plate, and he is thinking about going to duals. The header collectors were like 4-5". I think they said it runs mid-8's or so.

What a trip. I have never really been around this "crowd" before. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
campbellcj   Drag racers [NPC]   Sep 6 2003, 09:34 PM
ChrisReale   Yea, its pretty cool, and I like to go fast and al...   Sep 6 2003, 09:37 PM
seanery   I like that crowd! I'm a street rodder (w...   Sep 6 2003, 09:38 PM
campbellcj   Amen to the turning thing. I'm sure that an 8...   Sep 6 2003, 09:50 PM
seanery   The rear tires are essentially the moving point in...   Sep 6 2003, 10:53 PM
Brad Roberts   It wasnt a Pro-Stock car.. they are running in the...   Sep 6 2003, 10:58 PM
Brad Roberts   Actually they limit the front wheel travel on purp...   Sep 6 2003, 11:00 PM
ChrisReale   I like how they wrinkle the rear tires during laun...   Sep 6 2003, 11:02 PM
campbellcj   I dunno for sure that it is a ProStock car; the ow...   Sep 6 2003, 11:32 PM
ChrisReale  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th July 2024 - 12:47 PM