Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What is the meaning of life?, or - what happened to the old 914club
ChrisFoley
post Dec 2 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #1

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 2 2006 @ 01:41 AM)

the plan was to raise some money to be able to provide additional/better services/products to the 914 community.

I clipped the statement above from the recent (and currently up to 10 pages) thread about a dilemma over spending $25 at 914World.com. The statement by Andy sums up the intent of the $25 voluntary subscription fee pretty well for me, and led me to write the following brief analysis:

914Clubdotcom (hereinafter referred to as "the 914 club", or "the club", or "914Club", etc.) is a corporation. What it offers to its customers is immersion in a vast network of 914 owners who seek out information, parts and companionship on the internet. Regular customers of the 914 club are given additional value when they become "Members" by registering on the official website. 914World.com does not charge its customers for these services. 914Club is expanding its service/product offering to include real world benefits to 914 enthusiasts. Some of those benefits include increasing the availability of hard to find 914 parts, organizing and insuring 914 gatherings around the usa, creating and selling attractive 914 apparel, etc.
Many new corporations operate for years on capital provided by the principal owners who constantly reinvest most or all of their salary to keep the business from tanking. (Some of you would be surprised at how many small business owners take home 0$$ from their daily job.) The 914 club has owners who use their salary from another job to keep the club from tanking. In order to grow, 2 new services are being offered: Subscriber and Vendor Subscriber. The corporation has broken new ground financially by charging a fee for some of its services. The corporation's plan is to generate enough cash up front to jumpstart implementation of its mission statement. People who already enjoy the services provided by 914Clubdotcom and who are interested in seeing the corporation succeed are being offered incentives to inspire confidence in the new Subscriber and Vendor Subscriber services. There is a promise of small gifts for purchasers. The fees are at a substantial discount off of market prices. (Cyber club memberships and internet advertising are typically more expensive than current 914Club rates.) The Goodie store already has inventory on the shelves, everything funded by a volunteer.
Based on early projections the new services are likely to be a big hit for 914Clubdotcom, as their popularity has been clearly established in the first week of availability. Step one of implementing the mission statement appears that it will be a success.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Racer Chris   What is the meaning of life?   Dec 2 2006, 07:57 AM
Thorshammer   East coasters up early. I would and do support th...   Dec 2 2006, 08:04 AM
Howard   42   Dec 2 2006, 09:41 AM
Leo Imperial  
  Dec 2 2006, 05:13 PM
Rotten Robby   <!-- quoteo --><div class='quo...   Dec 24 2006, 07:20 PM
Crazyhippy   The other pink meat... :evilgrin:   Dec 26 2006, 07:08 PM
Howard   Excellent thread. That's what this club is abo...   Dec 2 2006, 05:20 PM
Eric_Shea   :D (Yuz know I luv ya)   Dec 3 2006, 12:39 PM
dflesburg   So does that mean we will get unlimited streaming ...   Dec 4 2006, 08:41 AM
jsteele22  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 12:34 PM