Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: POR-15 Black Velvet hight temp paint, any good?
ChrisPaegelow
post Mar 10 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,502

Hey guys,

I'm working on fixing up some exhaust parts on my motorcycle, but I'm not sure what to paint with.

I read on a bike forum that some people use "header paint," and one guy said he just uses black BBQ grill paint, but that sounds kind of cheesy. I was also told that ceramic coating would be good, but that's expensive, I can't do it myself, and this doesn't need to look too fancy anyway.

So I searched for header paint and found this POR-15 made stuff:
Black Velvet

Do you guys know if this stuff works pretty well?

Also, after I sand blast all the rust off of the parts, what should I use on the metal prior to painting? Regular primer wouldn't work because it's no good for high temperature, right? Can I just use Metal-Ready or something like that, and then paint?

Thanks!!!

P.S. I know this is off topic but I'm asking here because the people on the motorcycle forums didn't really know too much, and I know you guys have plenty of rust experience! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 06:59 PM