Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel pump relocation questions, and other problems
championgt1
post Jun 2 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #1

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I finally got my car what I thought was running right. However after a half hour drive the car started to buck at around 3000 rpm. When I came to a stop the car just died. It would restart, but as soon as I gave it some gas it would just die. Acted like it was starved for fuel.

The TPS has been adjusted per the tech articale on pelican. The plugs look good, pump runs and is getting fuel to the cylinders. I thought it could be the fuel filter. This is where it gets strange. My car is a 74 which should have a small inlet and outlet. The filter is in its stock location but has a small inlet and a large outlet like the filters on a 75, 76.

The filter on the right is the replacement, the filter on the left came out of the car.

Attached Image

The fuel pump was relocated to the front at some point.

Couple of questions.

#1 Does anyone have pictures of a installation and did you leave the filter in the stock location?

#2 Should the filter be between the tank and the pump,not after the pump?

#3 The fuel filter that I removed was bulged outward. What could cause this?

I'm sure I will come up with more questions. Just a little tired right now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 01:17 PM