Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I received Army Dudes car yesterday, Work starts to blend two cars
burton73
post Feb 3 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #1

burton73

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

I received Army Dudes car on Monday and now I am going drop the engine and trans and cut out the bracing from this car with the plan to blend it the Duc’s Blue car that will be in a few days. It will take a long time but I will get rid of this body after I have pulled off the good parts.

I wanted the club members to see what I was up to and ask if they see any problems with this. I want to end up with a car with a rear floor in the trunk and it looks like I can cut and raise a section above the center of the 930 trans. with fasteners to service the box when I need to and still fit a space saver on a Fuchs (I tried it today.) I was told if I use a smaller distributor I would not need to get clearance at the front wall of the trunk. Someone in the V8 know may answer that for me if you can.

The stock 914 motor mounts look like they just had a plate welded on and I would like to know if you think that will be OK for 400HP. The pictures show the custom motor mounts set up and the welded brackets. The car came with a Ron Davis Renegade radiator. The Blue car will end up with Boxster brakes and a Carrera front end. 7” 16 Fuchs stock body that is all pained now with new black leather interior.

Thanks for your help as always,

Bob

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 05:56 AM