Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> After many years away ..............., I want to come back to where I began ............
gothspeed
post Feb 17 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,019
Region Association: None

Hello All, I am new to this forum! I want to tell a rather long story as quickly as possible, as to why I am here ...... after many years of owning numerous porsches from 914s on up to a 993TT .......... and even crossed the line with f-cars ........... I find myself longing for the car I have 'always' dreamed of owning but at the time, did not have the resources to manifest.

I lived by the mckenna porsche dealer and as a youngster I used to regularly ride my bicycle to 'visit' the porsches. I would spend half hour to an hour just wandering the lot admiring their beauty. One time a sales person made my day and actually let me sit inside one of them ...... it was a 'turbo look' carrera!

After using my older brothers car to deliver pizzas I managed to save enough to buy a 'very used' 1955 vw bug. I continued to work ...... then saved enough for a 1.7 914 which IMO was 'the best porsche ever' because of the mid-engine design. I loved it but I still wanted more ......... I saved even more, then bought a 914 2.0 LE creamsicle .......... it was awesome!! It was fast, handled well and it would spank my friends rx-7 every time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)!!

Then I was bit by the slantnose turbo's looks ....... I could not afford a real one so I saved enough for a 1983 sc convertible with a steel slant kit. Oh the power was a huge contrast!!! I was 23 years old with a 'slantnose' and in pure heaven!

Fast forward into a 3.2 carrera then a late 930 turbo ....... skipped the C2 turbo and straight into a 993TT ............ during all that time I was fabbing and modding my exhausts upgrading turbos, fuel enrichments and more efficient inter-cooling ........ it was fun .......... but as powerful as my 993TT was, I was not totally happy ...... something was missing ..... the car felt too civilized ....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Then came along a friend of mine whom let me drive his ferrari 512TR ............. it was loud, low, mid-engined and barbaric ........ I was smitten ......... so off I went and bought a ferrari F355spider ...... it is quick, very low, rough ride, mid engined and the sound ........ pure euphoria ....... I was and still am, very happy with it ........... but it most notably reminds me of what I really missed in my 911 series porsches all along .......... in that my F355 is low, noisy and more importantly a mid-engine layout ..... just like my old 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)!!!!!!

I look back to my early car days and recall how much I loved the 916 and the 914-6 GT .......... because of the mid-engine and those beautiful flares (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) !!!!............ I have 'always wanted' a 914 with GT flares!! So I am currently in the process of acquiring a 2.0 914 ........ and will install those 'holy grail-like' flares ........ because back when I was delivering pizzas as a teenager ....... that was the most beautifully functional porsche ever made (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).

Thank you for reading!!!
oz
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 04:40 AM