Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anybody wanna help put my engine back in..., tonight??
VaccaRabite
post Nov 3 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #21

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So, I should not bring my lifting plate and floor jack? Since I am free to come up, let me know what, if anything, I should bring from my shop.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Nov 3 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #22

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Engine is in. As is the shifter bar.

CVs went on, but have to come back off again as the snap ring that secures the axle to the CV was appearently missing (which we found out when the axle slipped out of the CV after it was installed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/post-2-1117899824.gif) and was just held in by the boot). It seems the DAPO that owned the car before Joe took some liberties with the CVs. When Joe bought it, it had no CV gaskets, and I bet neither of the axle snap rings either.

We were going to do a valve adjustment and get the exhaust on, but it took us a while to figure out what was going on with the CV. We were turning a wheel with the car in 5th and the other wheel stabilized, but the engine was not moving... I finally got under the car and watched the diff turn and not move the axle. I'm really glad that we caught this before Joe started driving the car again.

I drove my 914 over, it was chilly driving home - but worth it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 05:30 PM