Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Insanity Picts
red914
post Mar 25 2004, 09:48 AM
Post #21

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,641

the point at which these ordinances constitute a "taking" by the government is always debated, and the results never satisfy everyone.

Brad: you say the fram filters simply fall off? or become unscrewed? fall apart? Mahle and Bosch would be available where? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) yes, i am new, as if this fact wre not painfully aware when i come across some little bit of information like this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 25 2004, 09:56 AM
Post #22

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

I don't think the Fram filters can handle the pressure created by our cars, and sometimes they go boom. I think I remember that correctly.
+Quote Post
red914
post Mar 25 2004, 10:02 AM
Post #23

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

that doesn't sound good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) ok, i just learned something; now to change oil again, and install different filter. now to find the right filter...

thanks for the scoop, by the way.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Mar 25 2004, 10:11 AM
Post #24

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

A family with autistic blind children wanted to move into one of my rentals. They started out by saying there could be no loud noises as it affects the children. This is in Boring, out in the country surrounded by nurseries where there will always be a tractor running somewhere. I told our rental managment person not to rent to them for this reason. They did anyway....
(begin complaints) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fighting19.gif) not only did they complain about the noise from the tractors but the radios the workers had were disturbing (hand held walkie talkies)! Then there was the issue, there are fir needles all over our roof, we have children in here and it could catch on fire. DUH! Yer surrounded by 200 ft. firs asshole! They ended by saying they wanted out of their lease & we said fine, get out. They didn't want to hear that so, after 2 years they are still there but no complaints! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pissoff.gif)
City people in the country just .... well, never mind (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

......b
+Quote Post
94teener
post Mar 25 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,636

Dave,
Your yard looks like my back yard.

Phil

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Mar 25 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 194
Region Association: South East States

Got 3 914S, 944 turbo ,Miata, S2000 Honda,and a Truck

I was clearing off some trees and bushes on the side of my lot last week and someone walked by and asked if I was making room for more cars. I guess it was a hint.
Sold the 944T,and 1 914 this week.
But I did find a 928 I'm looking at today.

Bob
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Mar 25 2004, 11:27 AM
Post #27

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

I'm a country boy living in the suburbs. I'll take tractors and cow shit or lobster boats and low tide over kids with booming radios at 2am or watching people build houses that take up 85% of their property.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) city people!
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Mar 25 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #28

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

Totally (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with all the above......BUT it at least sounds like you guys have the courtesy to either cover your cars or put them in a place that they cannot be seen from the street.

I live in the burbs / country, sort of in between. I keep my projects in the garage so my house does not look like a junk pit. This is why I spent $280,000 building my house (yes this is Ohio that is quite a bit here) so that I could have a nice place to live. What I don't appreciate is the FUCKHEADS down the street that leave toys laying all over the yard, basketball hoops turned upside down in the lawn, garages filled with shit so full that they can't shut the FUCKING DOOR and rusty piece of shit cars sitting in thier driveways. Then when I take the MGA for a quick once around just to blow out of the winter dust they have the balls to yell at me for going 30 in a 25 zone (just sounds like I am going faster when the muffler is cold).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pissoff.gif)

Sorry Rant OFF.
+Quote Post
3d914
post Mar 25 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

Ed,

You've got it good in MO. I need to get back to the mid-west. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
At least the wife now understands why I didn't want to move into a neighborhood with an ASS-ociation.

Now if I can just get to the point where the job follows me instead of the other way around.

Keep em honest guys!
+Quote Post
Dave Bell
post Mar 25 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 1,398

I live the in older part of town, aka the low rent non-yuppie end... and that is definately by choice since not only are the lots a little bigger, they do not have any of the dreaded Home Owner's Associations.... All the new housing projects on the other side of town have the HOA's where retired folk with nothing better to do, get elected to the local board to create and enforce crazy rules... in some of the stricter areas... you cannot even park your own car on street in the same spot for more than 24 hours!... forget and RV and parts car in the driveway would be enough for them to put a lein on your house to make you comply.

Yep... I get a lot of kids by fixing scooters, bikes etc. My next door neighbor is, Dean Bryant, pretty well known in custom car circles and for making lots of cars for the movies...Stuff like "Gone in 60 seconds, etc."... why he lives next door to me is beyond me.... I take that back... why his wife lets him live next door to me is beyond me.... Guy is worth megabucks but still likes living in a house that is probably smaller than mine... go figure.

It's pretty interesting though since he occasionaly drives one of the chopped custom cars home or comes home in one of the cars waiting that will go into movie shoot.

I feel pretty embarrassed doing my little body work and car work in the driveway compared to what his shop turns out.

- Dave
+Quote Post
Dave Bell
post Mar 25 2004, 02:04 PM
Post #31

A Dean Bryant Drive Home Shot #1

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dave Bell
post Mar 25 2004, 02:05 PM
Post #32

Dean Bryant Drive Home Shot #2

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 25 2004, 02:09 PM
Post #33

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Did the factory make '54 Convertibles?(that is a 54 right?) I like that a lot.
+Quote Post
Dave Bell
post Mar 25 2004, 02:09 PM
Post #34

Dean and one of his MANY every day trucks... sheesh!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 02:36 AM