Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shipping F/U on my 3.0, (twice) what to do?, It's also F/U my plans...so what to do?
grantsfo
post Feb 8 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #21

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Being a logistics guy I take over the whole packaging and and shipping gig from sellers. I have carriers and rates. Buy my own insurance on high value stuff. I have packaging/crating resources too. If person I'm buying from sounds reputable I give them instructions on how to build crate and how to strap motor or parts down. Its hilarious when I know ebay seller is counting on making money on overcharging for shipping and I tell them no I will be taking over shipping.

If anyone tells you they are going to ship heavy metal parts in corrugated run other direction as fast as possible. UPS is absolutely right to deny claims for poor packing but they have obligation to reject packaging if its not acceptable. However a skilled shipper can almost always get carrier to pay something for a claim regardless of packing.

In all the years I have been buying stuff I haven't had a damage yet. But then I ship million dollar components all over the world without many issues as well. Auto parts is simple stuff.

My opinion is both parties in this were at fault. Any kind of settlement is a good thing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 09:52 PM