Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canadian 914 Parts & Services, The Good, Bad and Ugly, where are they?
GWN7
post May 12 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #21

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

When the snow is that deep, you can't drive it in the snow, ...................but mabey with a plow blade attached (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Plus the dogs from my dog sled get jellous when I only take one of them for a ride. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
morph
post May 12 2004, 06:38 PM
Post #22

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've had some problems shipping stuff to Canada recently, the most recent package took over a month to arrive at its destination, and when the person recieved it, they said it was postmarked a week before he got it. I am unsure of why, if anyone knows, could they please explain to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
tracks914
post May 12 2004, 07:09 PM
Post #23

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

QUOTE(turbo914v8 @ May 12 2004, 12:43 PM)
When and where are the Canadian 914 events? Do any of the Canadian 914 owners get together just for the hell of it. Have a beer, dinner or whatever. It would be nice to hang out with fellow 914 owners in Canada.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.

Paul
Hey you live in Canada. Me too eh.
Wher the F--k in Canada do you live. It is a pretty big country you know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

OT from earlier in the post, gas price for premium here just hit $109/L or about $440 a US gallon. (thanks GW Bush for going to the middle east and messing with the arabs) (They cut the wrong guys head off yesterday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boid.gif)
+Quote Post
GWN7
post May 12 2004, 08:41 PM
Post #24

King of Road Trips

It depends on where the package went to. I mailed 5 packages to the USA before Christmas. Oregon arrived in a week. The one to Ill. took over a month. the others went to CA and took just over a week to arrive.

My stuff from Pelican didn't arrive till I received a email asking if I was enjoying them and I wrote back saying I would, if they had arrived. 4 days later I received another email saying they would be shipped the following Friday. Great CS, Not!

The post mark thing would have me confused too. Was it the date stamp on the cancel mark or the date stamp on the postage meter that was a week before? If it was the cancel mark, that was when it cleared customs and went into the postal system up here.
+Quote Post
morph
post May 12 2004, 09:40 PM
Post #25

quality parts builder

The guy I was dealing with has been pretty honest, so I don't think he was trying to screw me, but since I didn't have a tracking number, he would have won his case through pay pal and would have been refunded, but when it did arrive, very late, he did e-mail me and drop his pay pal case, but he informed me that it was postmarked May 5th, (arrived May 11th), and I have the carbon copy of the customs slip in my records that is stamped April 7th, I know when it was sent, I am the one that mailed it. I am assuming that it was held up in customs for some odd reason and they must've restamped it somewhere when it cleared customs, So I have been a little confused on the deal, and it has left me a little uneasy about using USPS to ship internationally, Pay Pal informed me that I need to use a shipping service with tracking numbers (i.e. FedEx UPS) but these can cost 3 times what usps costs. I don't want my customers upset at the shipping costs, because I sure wouldn't pay what they want for international shipping.

Hiedi
+Quote Post
GWN7
post May 13 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #26

King of Road Trips

Shipping up here by USPS is the cheapest way to do it. If you send anything by other means, those companys will bend the buyer over on the customs costs. (minumin charge + % of the value of the shipment)

Did this shipment go to Eastern Canada per chance? That could account for the delay.

The postmark is put on when the item clears customs (goes into Canada Posts hands for delivery)

Can't you get a tracking number with USPS? Let the buyer determine how it's to be shipped and if they want insurance on it. Tell them it can be held up in Customs.
+Quote Post
morph
post May 13 2004, 06:59 AM
Post #27

quality parts builder

The only way to get a tracking number on the packages is through insurance(very limited), the man that I was dealing with told me several times that "it is probably held up in customs". He was actually trying to protect himself, and this is totaly understanding, The package went to Ancaster, Ontario. Oh Well, I have gathered some knowlege from the incident, so I came out of it a little more informed.

Hiedi
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 13 2004, 07:07 AM
Post #28

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(turbo914v8 @ May 12 2004, 12:43 PM)
When and where are the Canadian 914 events? Do any of the Canadian 914 owners get together just for the hell of it. Have a beer, dinner or whatever. It would be nice to hang out with fellow 914 owners in Canada.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.

I'd be willing to put on a small get together, sometime over the summer, if people are interested.

A fun run, show and shine, lunch/dinner and camping the night before, I have the room for a show.
The thing is I'm quite busy, so I would need someone to promote it and figure out the fine details. I would help as much as I can but I won't do it alone.

I'm an hour east of Toronto. Let me know if there is any interest.
+Quote Post
balljoint
post May 13 2004, 08:10 AM
Post #29

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897
Region Association: None

I am game for a get-together. I just got my new bottle-o-gas and my MIG upgrade kit so if I get down to work maybe I will be on the road this summer.

That said, I guess I could always pin my 914 badging on the pick-up and use my imagination.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
turbo914v8
post May 15 2004, 08:23 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 952

I am currently living in Courtice, just 30 min East of Toronto. I am game for all future events or meetings, what ever. My 914 is not on the street as of yet, but will be soon. Just minor little jobs left. How many times have you heard that? lol.

Regards,

Turbo Paul.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 06:40 AM