Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> <SOLD>FS $5800 obo 1973 2.0L *reduced*, 914 FOR SALE
billh1963
post Jul 22 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #21

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(norustscott @ Jul 22 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Wow! Trying to more than double his money?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bcheney
post Jul 23 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,348

Agreed $11K is QUITE a stretch...However, it is a VERY nice car that had been well cared for by you. One has to look at a lot of 914's to find one in this condition. The previous sales amount was truly a great deal for those who love and know these cars. It's so hard to put a number on our cars these days...pricing is all over the place.
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 23 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #23

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(norustscott @ Jul 22 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Not to rub Salt in your wounds, but you sold the car way too low

or

Are you saying that there is something wrong with the car?

Car Dealers have to make Profits to keep the doors open. They are Selling the car for what you could have gotten, if you had asked that much & been patient
+Quote Post
bembry
post Jul 24 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 4,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The original price was a bargain, but dealers also can get more since they get much more visibility.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jul 24 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #25

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Selling cars is all about timing and the market. You could have asked for $10k and waited it out. Someone may have bought it sooner or later. You dropped the price wanting to sell it sooner. Every car is for sale, it is the price that drives the sale.
+Quote Post
norustscott
post Jul 24 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,163

Selling cars is all about timing and the market. yes, but it also about the car!!!
Waited it out? No, not if the car is not worth the money and be an honest seller!
You dropped the price wanting to sell it sooner. maybe, if it is market priced...for the condition of the car. it will sell. in a year or 1 day.
Every car is for sale, it is the price that drives the sale.Yes. but only if the car is worth it! or you find a complete newb with more money than sense

You 914 guys crack me up. face it. the car has rust rust rust Actual holes! its a Karmann built bare steel unibody car...what you see was just the tip of the iceberg. add a noisy engine and a ton of non original work. lots of parts near the end of their life and you get a 5800 car! if you did not see the car in person and you comment... well duh.

The car was a project car. a drivable, good starting point, but non the less a project car not a 10K car.

The price was a fair price. And I did not misrepresent a single aspect of the car. How many of you have gotten burned by a misrepresented car or a seller hiding all of the bad stuff!

At least 25 teeners responded to the ad. Only one guy from Houston saw the car for what it is and only one potential buyer arranged to see the car in person...he passed at 5800!

This is my last post on this site, after 11 years, 65000 miles plaques and trophies autoXs I am moving on.

Scott

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 24 2011, 08:21 AM) *

Selling cars is all about timing and the market. You could have asked for $10k and waited it out. Someone may have bought it sooner or later. You dropped the price wanting to sell it sooner. Every car is for sale, it is the price that drives the sale.

+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Jul 24 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #27

914 Guru

Member No.: 50

You should move on to help me with my 914 now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I'm still wracking my brain on weather to convert or keep it a 4.

Glad you were able to sell for a number that worked for you. Best of luck with your new project! I'll still invite you to the local 914 events, hey we can both roll up in our non-914s at the f'burg picnic in aug.
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jul 24 2011, 07:09 PM
Post #28

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I know you'll never see this because you say you have moved on, but dude you have a problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
bembry
post Jul 24 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 4,499

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 24 2011, 06:09 PM) *

I know you'll never see this because you say you have moved on, but dude you have a problem. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

+1.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jul 25 2011, 04:46 AM
Post #30

Racer from Birth

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(bembry @ Jul 24 2011, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 24 2011, 06:09 PM) *

+1.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

With that attitude, don't let door hit your ass on the way out
+Quote Post
Ottoman
post Jul 26 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 11,312
Region Association: Canada

Here's my two cents for what is worth.

Owning these cars is not about the money. It is a spiritual relationship that keeps us:
  • Dreaming about our youth.
  • Holding on to something that makes us feel good about ourselves.
  • Looking at possibilities.
  • Admiring objects of cool.
  • Accomplishing things with our brains and our own two hands.
  • Teaching our sons and daughters something about cars and history.
  • Socializing with others that share our passion for these mechanical things that have beauty.
  • Wondering why the f#$% that didn't that work.
  • Bringing old to new again or just appreciating something that has withstood time.

Bringing this all to money deminishes the whole point of the hobby. Turning wrenches with your own two hands and creating something that is truly unique and yours is priceless.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 06:22 PM