Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP attaching ring/gear pressure plate to flywheel, KEP Stage 2 kit
AZ914
post Aug 22 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #1

914 Dumbass

Group: Members
Member No.: 98
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey guys,
I'm tryng to get the Kennedy stage 2 915-9 setup attached to my 3.2 motor. The ring gear fits onto the pressure plate but I can't get it flush.. its like playing whack-a-mole. If I tap on one side, the other side comes up. The problem with this, is that the bolts that came with it will 'barely' thread if the ring gear is flush The intent is to allow the bolts to grab further once the plate gets compressed. (I guess).

Any tricks to this? lube?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Aug 22 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

Mine was a bit tough at first on my 3.0L so I started them with the ring all the way on each of the bolts and went around holding the ring out and threading the bolts just enough on to hold the threads. Then once they are all started I went around it two turns on each bolt keeping the ring held twoards the heads of the nuts. Eventualy it popped into place.

Good luck with yours!
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Aug 22 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

Mine went on fairly easy. I remember the ring staying snug when I put it onto the flywheel. It stayed with no hands holding it and went flush to the face of the flywheel. It was a nice tight fit. Call Kennedy
+Quote Post
AZ914
post Aug 22 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #4

914 Dumbass

Thanks guys. yeah, I can get the ring on, it is a snug fit and is tough to pull back off. My issue seems that I can't get it on square.. one side sits flush, then I tap the other side, pops the first side out, etc. It is probably my technique but I'm just double checking that it isn't something more.

+Quote Post
AZ914
post Aug 22 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #5

914 Dumbass

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 22 2011, 04:36 PM) *

Mine was a bit tough at first on my 3.0L so I started them with the ring all the way on each of the bolts and went around holding the ring out and threading the bolts just enough on to hold the threads. Then once they are all started I went around it two turns on each bolt keeping the ring held twoards the heads of the nuts. Eventualy it popped into place.

Good luck with yours!

Jeff,
I'm not sure I completely follow when you said 'started them with the rigng all the way on each of the bolts and went around holding the ring out'. Could you clarify that? Maybe I'm just not getting it.. When you did that, did you seperate the ring and plate to just get the thing down flush on the flywheel, then added the plate

Thx!
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Aug 22 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #6

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Can you use just a few longer bolts to hold the ring on while you get the rest of the actual (shorter) bolts in? Then you can remove the longer ones and put the rest of the correct ones in.

--DD
+Quote Post
AZ914
post Aug 22 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #7

914 Dumbass

Dave,
Thats what I'm going to do.... my HW store closes early so I'll get some bolts tomorrow and give it a shot.
Thx!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 05:30 PM