Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UK 914 needed for TV appearance
rhodyguy
post Jan 2 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #121

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

when they go thru the expense totals at the end of the show it's car and parts ONLY. if mike was paying ed or any mechanic (real world) for their time he would be in the hole more often than not.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914KEV
post Nov 22 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #122

Member No.: 11,253
Region Association: England

Mike Brewer gives the Porsche 914 the Thumbs Up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i846.photobucket.com-11253-1385167601.1.jpg)

All most 2 years to the date after my 914 was filmed as the pristine 914 featured at the start of the 'Wheeler Dealers Porsche 914 episode', I finally got to meet Mike Brewer and Edd China.

My 914 won the 'Porsche Club of Great Britain National Concours' back in July; because it won, the 914 won a place on the Meguiar’s Stand at the 'NEC Classic Car Show' in Birmingham, England for the Meguiar’s Concours Showcase Final 2013.

At the show there is a 'Wheeler Dealers live stage' where Mike Brewer interviews people involved with classic cars, Edd China does a Practical Challenge and they both appear to discuss a few of the episodes and display the end results over the three days of the show.

Mike Brewer also has the job of presenting the Meguiar’s Trophy to the Showcase Winner and present the sixteen competitors with a thank you presents for taking part.

Before the show opened to the public Mike Brewer and Edd China would come to look at the cars in the showcase.
One morning I was around when Mike visiting the stand and took the opportunity to chat about the 914 episode and have a photo taken with the 914.
I managed to catch up with Edd and Mike by the live stage after the show had closed and then got a quick chat with Edd.

They were both pleased to see the 914 which had featured at the start of their TV show.

Edd said “The Porsche 914 is a great car” (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i846.photobucket.com-11253-1385167601.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i846.photobucket.com-11253-1385167602.3.jpg)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Nov 22 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #123

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

Very cool story and 914 history.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Nov 23 2013, 10:20 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 2 2013, 11:09 AM) *

when they go thru the expense totals at the end of the show it's car and parts ONLY. if mike was paying ed or any mechanic (real world) for their time he would be in the hole more often than not.

I'm sure those little dodgy 914 bits can rack up a few bob (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Great win as well !
Marty
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dabidoh
post Oct 3 2019, 03:03 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 23,524
Region Association: South East States

Love responding to discussion threads that are years dead, but my .02 cents re. their profit margin on this 914 is that they spent quite a bit more on the resto than enumerated at the episode's end. Biggest expense must have been tires - there's NO WAY that they reinstalled age-cracked, flat spotted tires from ten years of sitting back onto this car, yet they don't appear under expenses.

I think that the chap who re-purchased it might've made out a bit better than we give him credit for. Also, Mike's one irritating guy. Edd China does literally all the work and Mike just goes around steam rolling people, yuck.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Oct 3 2019, 03:06 PM
Post #126

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Dabidoh @ Oct 3 2019, 02:03 PM) *

Love responding to discussion threads that are years dead, but my .02 cents re. their profit margin on this 914 is that they spent quite a bit more on the resto than enumerated at the episode's end. Biggest expense must have been tires - there's NO WAY that they reinstalled age-cracked, flat spotted tires from ten years of sitting back onto this car, yet they don't appear under expenses.

I think that the chap who re-purchased it might've made out a bit better than we give him credit for. Also, Mike's one irritating guy. Edd China does literally all the work and Mike just goes around steam rolling people, yuck.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Oct 3 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

QUOTE(Dabidoh @ Oct 3 2019, 02:03 PM) *

Fast forward >>> Mike and Edd have split up for a while now. Edd has a cool book out, he's an awesome wrench and tours around car themed events all over the place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sb914
post Oct 4 2019, 05:30 AM
Post #128

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Met Ed at cars n coffee a few years ago.
He’s super tall

Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 4 2019, 09:05 AM
Post #129

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

I purchased the rear trunk lid off of that car. I mounted a luggage rack on it and use it when the wife travels with me. Otherwise it hangs from the garage ceiling. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 05:04 AM