Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fender Well Liners
nickg
post Dec 29 2004, 04:32 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,652

all i have to say is that it is dirty pool, really. hope you have a good lawyer. I personally don't have any patent issue, but i do know the guy that will, so you may want to rethink what you are doing...just friendly advice. it is pretty pathetic that you guys resort to outright piracy ...yea, that's what it is. I don't care who you are it is plain illeagl to copy a product, no matter what product with out permission, it's called intellectual rights, how would you guys feel if the hundreds of hours of YOUR work were simply copied by someone else? you would not be happy. you can go right ahead here, but you will best be advised that you will get sued....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post Dec 29 2004, 08:46 AM
Post #22

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

If what was done is legal - it is - then how can he get sued?
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Dec 29 2004, 10:41 AM
Post #23

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'd be pretty freekin surprised if you could patent those- other than a design patent.

To be patentable, it must be novel. Nobody ever done fender well liners before?

To get around a design patent (shape such as a beetle body or fender well liners) change something slightly. JC whitney sells beetle fenders with a disclaimer- buy in pairs- headlight height will be different........

Oh yeah, sold them or showed them to somebody (without a disclamer) before the application fining? That runs it into a 102 violation. Then the fender well concept has to pass the 103 novelty bar- combine any previous fender well patent with any other patent....

Engman worked at the same place I currently work. I also passed my patent bar, am a registered patent agent, and have years worth of training from their legal department. They have some of the most vicious patent issues in the world.

Anybody need a patent? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Ken
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Dec 29 2004, 11:23 AM
Post #24

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Dirty pool is the price that they charge for a set of these liners.
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 29 2004, 11:30 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,536

Ok Nick..if these are patented who has the patent and what is the id number so we can look it up for ourselves?
+Quote Post
F4i
post Dec 29 2004, 12:08 PM
Post #26

914 DOG!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,460

I will take a cad file. If people did not copy other people we would only have one brand of everything. Like there is any real difference in any of the two top products in anything. Think about things in your house. Are you buying "lockable" sandwich bags from the original patent holder? Facial tissue? Household mop? Sorry I got a little domestic here. how about a common wrench? Anyway, I can make use of the cad file. If I just make one for myself am I doing anything illigal?
+Quote Post
type11969
post Dec 29 2004, 12:21 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

to me it sounds like someone is a little cranky that someone else is going to get their idea to market before they are . . . booo hooooo!

nickg why do you even post here any more, the last post of yours that I read painted all of us 914clubers with an ugly brush.
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Dec 29 2004, 01:06 PM
Post #28

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744

Ideas are copied all the time look around at auto styling to clothing its everywhere and nothing can be done about it, Unless its big dollar infringement( Porsche Logo) I used to be sensitve about , this Untill you realize , that being a copy cat is really a form of flattery , says thats a good idea. Its become the way of the world "I can make it cheaper" ,thing. It might not be 100 0/0 ethical , But on the other hand if we dont ,someone else will.
Pretty simple no big deal. how many 6 conversion mounts are there now, based on the vellios or who ever. I hope you dont paint your the same color as mine. Now that might upset me.

That will be.002 cents please . (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Dec 29 2004, 01:21 PM
Post #29

Iffin ya realy want to get your panties into a wad...

Just think about the most recent masters of dismantle and copy....

The Chinese...

Not only do they dismantle and copy the product, they reproduce the box or package it came in so they can sell it as a brand name.

Guess how many boxes of Tide soap sold in China are really Tide? Think P&G ever saw a buck profit from the "fakes"?

Guess how many fake fasteners there are, fake airplane parts, fake drugs, fake CD's, fake textbooks etc. showing up in the world?

Got a Chinese "spy" er.. I mean fine gentleman working me right now for "secrets" er... I mean help on some products.

Ken
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 29 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #30

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

QUOTE (kwales @ Dec 29 2004, 12:21 PM)
Iffin ya realy want to get your panties into a wad...

Just think about the most recent masters of dismantle and copy....

The Chinese...

Not only do they dismantle and copy the product, they reproduce the box or package it came in so they can sell it as a brand name.

Guess how many boxes of Tide soap sold in China are really Tide? Think P&G ever saw a buck profit from the "fakes"?

Guess how many fake fasteners there are, fake airplane parts, fake drugs, fake CD's, fake textbooks etc. showing up in the world?

Got a Chinese "spy" er.. I mean fine gentleman working me right now for "secrets" er... I mean help on some products.

Ken

read in one of my design mags a while back about Ford pulling out of China...a Chinese company (government) started making identical copies of a Ford SUV that was supposed to be a joint venture...Ford just gave up and left

OK - who wants cad files!!!
I will just give them away.

sell full size patterns along with a BOM, I'd buy a set from you.....
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Dec 29 2004, 02:09 PM
Post #31

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

Sure put me on you list to mail files to....

Kerrys914@yahoo.com
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 29 2004, 02:54 PM
Post #32

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110

I find it "extremely" hard to believe that one could patent a fender well liner. Sounds like a bluff but... what the hell do I know? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

Also, I haven't seen them marketed anywhere... who's selling them? Partswerks?

If you think it's "stealing" then get some single ply cardboard from a art supply store and start over. It would probably take 2 hours to come up with a better design. Also, the ones I saw were out of a high impact plastic. I think it would be noisey as described above. I think a softer compound might give that VW effect of being quieter. Mark... change the mounting clip and make it better. Then get them to the market. I think they would do quite a bit of good. The application could save:

Longitudinals - Mud gets slung from the wheel and gets up behind the outer rocker, packs in and rusts.

Lower Sail Panels - As above.

Door Handle - As above.

Front Fender Jam - As above.

Six oil tanks - As above.
+Quote Post
gklinger
post Dec 29 2004, 03:04 PM
Post #33

doh!

Member No.: 146
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
scottb
post Dec 29 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #34

who wants a PEZ?!

Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

or instead of giving the cad away mark could make better sets and give them away!

but i am certain shipping/handling would run $50-100 or so a set but you get what you pay for in packaging ya know.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

as far as the patent, strat look on the ones you have and see if there is a patent number embossed on the product. most items that are patented have the number right on the item.....
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 29 2004, 04:43 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 1,536

Nick,

It doesn't take much to get me going but you accuse and then generalize. You said that there is a patent violation...so we simply asked for the patent information.... and you cannot deliver that simple request. Instead you generalize, stereotype and degrade us. Why do you even come in here?

Also, I don't like being called cheap. You don't know me so why insult me? To stoop down to your level I'll be somewhat snobby but you'll get my point....I've got a pristine 911 that is spotless, a 928 that is near mint and probably have 3 times in my 914 then it cost new. Yes this cheapskate has 3 pristine porsches. And I'm not a minority in here of owning multiple porsches.

Cheap..no. We asked for facts and you don't deliver but rather insult. Frankly I'm tired of people that don't talk about adding value to the marque but rather take pot shots at us that continue to keep this great little car going.
+Quote Post
F4i
post Dec 29 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #36

914 DOG!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,460

QUOTE (jim912928 @ Dec 29 2004, 03:43 PM)
Nick,

It doesn't take much to get me going but you accuse and then generalize. You said that there is a patent violation...so we simply asked for the patent information.... and you cannot deliver that simple request. Instead you generalize, stereotype and degrade us. Why do you even come in here?

Also, I don't like being called cheap. You don't know me so why insult me? To stoop down to your level I'll be somewhat snobby but you'll get my point....I've got a pristine 911 that is spotless, a 928 that is near mint and probably have 3 times in my 914 then it cost new. Yes this cheapskate has 3 pristine porsches. And I'm not a minority in here of owning multiple porsches.

Cheap..no. We asked for facts and you don't deliver but rather insult. Frankly I'm tired of people that don't talk about adding value to the marque but rather take pot shots at us that continue to keep this great little car going.

My comments were in regards to industry trends etc. Also there is a difference between being cheap and looking for value in products. We should pay whatever is asked just because it's a Porsche? Fender well liners are not an original idea. Your buddy, I am sorry to say did not come up with this new fangaled invention. What is your productive "ORIGINAL" idea for preventing debris from collecting in the fenderwells?
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Dec 29 2004, 05:31 PM
Post #37

If ya got a patent, mark it on the product. If you have one then failure to mark allows others to copy without risk until notified formally.

That's what the big guys do.

If you don't, say "patent pending". That's usually a bluff......

A lota bluff and bluster in the patent world....

Claims matter, the rest is BS and posturing.

Let's have a patent number please...........

If you have one, I can probably figure out a way around it in minutes.....

Don't take a rocket scientist to climb under a fender and make a profile for one of these....Not much novelty in doing that either.....

Ken
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 29 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #38

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110

Instead you generalize, stereotype and degrade us. Why do you even come in here?

Nick, have you ever thought about counseling? Damn near every post you've put up here has been negative and pissy. You've got some pent up anger or you're not getting laid enough. Ever since Kelly (or whom ever) stiffed you on a flywheel and nobody jumped at your rusty (so I've heard... you wouldn't take your precious time to post a simple picture) -6 tub in the classifieds you've been quick to labeled everyone here a bunch of cheapskates. I thought back then you said you were outta here... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

Sounds like a Napoleon complex... I probably have more in my -6 restoration than you do in your doublewide ya snooty little prick.

Stop being a dick.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 29 2004, 07:06 PM
Post #39

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) and I thought it was just me (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 29 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 2,652

so eric, how long have you known me? ever been to my "double wide"? (fyi, i own 3 houses i bet that is more than you)I don't have the patent information. I do happen to be friends with the guy who made these, i only said something because he has sued people over these before. I don't care what you guys seem to think, i am stating fact. go ahead call me a dick...shows how you are and eric...i did post pictures(http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=20146&hl=) , did you or anyone else from this board come to actually look at the 914-6 chassis? no, you internet experts all professed it to be a rust bucket from your little veiw of it.... were you a serious buyer? no, thanks for the truth it was sold, jealousy, simple as that . I have owned more porsches than any 5 people on this board, i don't care about your pristine 928 or 911. i just did not want to see someone get sued needlessly...next time i will just not say anything. not my $ and not my problem. all i did was try to make someone aware of a possible problem and you guys jump all over me? you guys here are really weak, you simply know it all...and nice editing on the original post...too bad it was printed out in it's original form
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 07:14 PM