Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How does this target AFR table look?, VE table results after autotune
falconfp2001
post Apr 9 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #61

Pancho Pantera

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,456
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(rwilner @ Apr 9 2012, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Apr 9 2012, 01:11 PM) *

What is the total cable length that comes with the AEM? My Megasquirt is under the dash and the gauge is off the ash tray. I need it to go from the muffler to the dash. Sorry if I'm being a pest.

no problem.

I think you need only the O2 sensor cable to reach that far, and it will easily reach that far. Even if for some reason it didnt, I believe there is an extension available.

The power and signal wires are short but they might reach since your gauge and ECU are so close. If not, they're easy to extend.

The AEM website should have specs on the cables.

I checked The site and they didn't. I even called but then decided to order it anyway.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Aug 7 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #62

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Its been a few months. Any updates? This thread is saved as one of my favorites, and should be a classic on FI AFR tuning.

Zach
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Aug 7 2012, 07:42 AM
Post #63

No Ghosts in the Machine

Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 7 2012, 09:30 AM) *

Its been a few months. Any updates? This thread is saved as one of my favorites, and should be a classic on FI AFR tuning.

Zach

Zach--
I'm glad you found value out of this discussion, it was a fun and intense learning experience for me to tune this FI system.

I don't have the tables in front of me, but I did run an autotune session getting the car up to redline in a few different gears. The final table is similar to the one posted earlier in the thread and I haven't touched the spark advance table. I've been running the car with these tables since April -- I've put between 1500 and 2000 miles on the car. I'll post the tables when I get home tonight and have access to the tuning laptop.

Even with 10% ethanol gas, my head temps never break 300 in around town driving. The highest I've seen is around 370 for very short periods, that's 90 mph uphill in 5th gear. Note that I'm using premium and put in a dose of the ethanol (Green) stab-il at every fillup. I suspect I would get hotter, but still acceptable head temps with a lower grade of gas.

I am very pleased with the performance of the MS system and this AFR table. The AEM UEGO sensor/gauge setup has worked flawlessly from the day I installed it and I highly recommend it.

I am averaging about 25mpg combined. I think I could probably tune it to get another 2 or 3 combined mpg but the car is running strong and cool, so I think I'll just leave it alone.

I do have some refinements to do in the MS configuration regarding startup and warmup, but those are unrelated to this AFR/head temp discussion.
+Quote Post
pda914
post Aug 10 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 11,966
Region Association: None

Would you be willing to post all your tables? I am about the turn on my megasquirt conversion and your tables should be a lot closer to reality than the standard ones from the tools.
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Aug 10 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #65

No Ghosts in the Machine

Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(pda914 @ Aug 10 2012, 02:23 PM) *

Would you be willing to post all your tables? I am about the turn on my megasquirt conversion and your tables should be a lot closer to reality than the standard ones from the tools.

Tell you what...
PM me your email and I'll send you my MSQ.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2024 - 06:28 AM