Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine & Tranny mating, is my tranny dyslexic???
stephenaki
post May 26 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #21

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

So, as one can see by the pictures, as was requested, the disc fits with the snout facing the motor but doesn't the other way around which is the correct positioning.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
As you can see by this close up, I think maybe the tines are boogered up? Maybe in my overzealous attempts to get the two components to mate I created this issue which is the only logical explanation. It fit before so I must have messed it up along the way, guess I'll be buying me another disc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I think I'll go with the cheap $81 disc as I just need it up and running. I'll swap her out with a better set up when I do the complete resto after I get back stateside. Hopefully, the disc will be here by the time we get back from out Scotland vacation. I could have gotten a disc right away here in Deutchland however, they wanted 300 friggin euros at the Porsche dealership! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
euro911
post May 26 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #22

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Try hitting it lightly with a small triangular file, just enough to knock down any burrs.
+Quote Post
stephenaki
post May 26 2012, 02:52 AM
Post #23

Can I get this one dad??

QUOTE(euro911 @ May 25 2012, 11:35 PM) *

Try hitting it lightly with a small triangular file, just enough to knock down any burrs.

Did that yesterday, no dice. I think I have exhausted all options at this point, ordered a new disc this morning.
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post May 26 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #24

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Stephen,

Give us a closeup pic of the of the splined hole in the snout side of the clutch disk. I can see the side that goes onto the shaft has a few slight booger marks, but I'm betting the snout side is where the problem is.

+Quote Post
stephenaki
post Jun 2 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #25

Can I get this one dad??

QUOTE(Katmanken @ May 26 2012, 07:43 AM) *

Stephen,

Give us a closeup pic of the of the splined hole in the snout side of the clutch disk. I can see the side that goes onto the shaft has a few slight booger marks, but I'm betting the snout side is where the problem is.

Been on leave; currently in Nairn, Scotland so I can't get any pics at the moment. I concur that the snout is the problem but, rather than screw around anymore, I just ordered a new disc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I'll get a close up shot when I get back on Monday and then, if anyone is interested, someone can have the old disc if they think they can fix the issue and use it. You'll just have to pay for shipping. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 01:46 PM