Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's time but I have questions
Randal
post Sep 15 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Sep 13 2012, 08:18 AM) *

There are at least 3 decent 6 conversions out there for sale right now for less than $15k. Body mods detract from value unless it's extremely well done. Look at yellow zonker (I think it was) for sale for over a year. Other 914-6 GT clones with Fiberglas flares sell for significantly less than steel flared.
I don't know anything about your car other than the pics. How the 8 was mounted, how complete cooling system is, how professional install appears, what your suspension and brake mods might be, etc.
Highly modified cars are hard to sell, other than purpose built race cars, And always sell for a lot less than you put into it.
Honestly, quick sale, you are looking at $12k, waiting a year, $20k. My REAL advice is get it very presentable, documented, and then get it into an auction with real cash buyers in the house. BJ auction coming up in Vegas, mecum soon.

+1
Your car is beautiful and needs to be presented at an auction where people appreciate great work. Put it in an auction, with a reserve and see how it goes.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post Sep 16 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

+1
I would test the waters on evil bay with a high reserve to test the waters. I have seen pretty nice 3.6 conversions sell in the mid 20's, but as others have said these are tough times and the people with the bucks are buying original sixes.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
crad
post Sep 17 2012, 01:34 AM
Post #23

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 14,938
Region Association: None

I woud love to see more pictures posted of inside, outside, nooks & crannies and engine area. If possible, Thnx.
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Sep 19 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #24

Small Member

Member No.: 633

If it makes you feel any better, if you do end up selling, you know the car will always be known as "Rick's car" - no matter what.

You are a part of 914 history -
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Sep 21 2012, 09:27 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Scott S @ Sep 19 2012, 03:42 PM) *

If it makes you feel any better, if you do end up selling, you know the car will always be known as "Rick's car" - no matter what.

You are a part of 914 history -
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Amen to that. The Alien is awesome. I get it though...Rick is somewhat of an artist, and this work is done. Can't be re-engineered or improved much in his eyes. Great job Rick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) You did that back when there was no road map or even a road for that type of conversion. We all learned a lot by watching. Thanks for the show.

Hey you should really post some video so that everyone can hear that beast running through the gears. The 928 Symphony...everyone loves that tune.

Now...dust off that Raspberry car! Let us know what you need for it!

As for value, I would think Mid-$20's but a well-done auction could bring double that. My money is on it returning to it's homeland....
+Quote Post
carr914
post Sep 21 2012, 09:59 AM
Post #26

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 16 2012, 08:19 PM) *

+1
I would test the waters on evil bay with a high reserve to test the waters. I have seen pretty nice 3.6 conversions sell in the mid 20's, but as others have said these are tough times and the people with the bucks are buying original sixes.

I would not do the Auction thing, because most people "won't get it".

+Quote Post
Billinla
post Sep 21 2012, 11:37 PM
Post #27

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 14,865
Region Association: None

Please let me know when you put it on E-Bay.

BillinLa@ca.rr.com
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 07:56 AM