Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

45 Pages V « < 43 44 45  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 3.3L Subie Conversion Thread, Got me some 914rubber stuff
Andyrew
post Jul 27 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #881

Spooling.... Please wait

Group: Members
Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 26 2018, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 26 2018, 03:36 PM) *

I have not seen that A/C condenser in any of my hotrod air searches, so please do tell?

Search "Universal AC Condenser". I think I figured out a 11"x20" would fit under the engine lid. Remove the rain pan and make a shroud so all the air has to pass thru it. Likely need 2 end to end with either Y fittings or parallel to cool well enough plus fans when your stopped. It was part of the brainstorming when I was designing the under cowl AC unit.
I have the parts to build a machine to do large enough vacuum forming for the shroud but it will be a while before I have the free time.

Why not run it in front of the radiator? I'm not a fan of running rubber lines to something that moves often. Worst case, run it in the fender with a fan. That's what the 911s do.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 2 2019, 01:17 PM
Post #882

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

How about angled the other way with the top towards the front? Sorry I know this is a bit old. Just borught to life in my thread & Chris linked me to this. I bought this same radiator to play with

QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 2 2018, 04:55 PM) *

Chris I took your idea and inverted it, but I think it will work, not optimal but should work.

From this angle it looks not that bad.

But from this one it is a bit worse.

It gets it down with a little bit of a hump and then you can put a cover over the rest. It would be the same height as the standard board over the spare tire. Front duct work would go right below the front latch. The one that will be hard for me is the condenser for the AC. Alpines come with A/C (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Build the ductwork and put a coke cooler in the front trunk. In reality I will most likely put a fiberglass tub up there, and toss a couple of water sealed bags for tool, and other 914 emergency items....

+Quote Post
914forme
post Aug 16 2019, 11:45 AM
Post #883

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Okay so @JRust , I am really late to the answer. No reason not to, just would need to figure out the tanks. In reality if you go with the 40mm version it should fit with out issue.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Chris re-read the entire thread over that past couple days lunches, still impressed, lets have that conversation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post

45 Pages V « < 43 44 45
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 07:29 PM