Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Boxster owner feedback (good and bad), Looking at a 2007 Boxster S
JStroud
post Feb 16 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,594
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(tadink @ Feb 16 2013, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(jsconst @ Feb 15 2013, 06:52 PM) *

I've got a 97 with 59k miles on it, it's silver, been storing it for my stepfather for two years now. Drove it around before I got my 914 on the road, other than the power, I didn't feel comfortable driving it, seems like you sit too low compared to the dash height. And I'm over 6'. Hate the parking brake lever location.

Also the resale sucks, been trying to help him sell his for quite a while.
And it's IMS that's the problem, but no one seems to put much weight in a repaired IMS.
We replaced the stock with LN engineerings retrofit, a $2400.00 upgrade, but still don't get offers any higher than a comparable car without it.

My opinion, a waste of money, unless you get it dirt cheap so you can drive it to death and don't look back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Jeff

I might be interested - what are you asking for the car?

He's asking $10,500.00, but come look at it and make him an offer, he lost his license (Parkinson's ) and can't drive it anymore.

td

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Feb 18 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,349

Been reading a similar thread on the 986forum. Apparently, the Boxster guys occasionally get this "yeah but it's not a real Porsche" comment that we 914 owners are so acustom to. I am not really sure of the reason, being that the power plant is Porsche all the way with the Boxster.

So now that I own a Boxster as well as two 914's, do they all somehow total up to be equal to at least one real Porsche? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Feb 18 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #23

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(thomasotten @ Feb 18 2013, 01:50 PM) *

Been reading a similar thread on the 986forum. Apparently, the Boxster guys occasionally get this "yeah but it's not a real Porsche" comment that we 914 owners are so acustom to. I am not really sure of the reason, being that the power plant is Porsche all the way with the Boxster.

So now that I own a Boxster as well as two 914's, do they all somehow total up to be equal to at least one real Porsche? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

It don't matter... They all blow up equally.
+Quote Post
DWSIX
post Feb 18 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 15,516
Region Association: None

QUOTE(PBC914 @ Feb 15 2013, 06:05 PM) *

Hoping the members here that also have Boxsters can give me some of their feedback and experience with the model.

I've been looking at Boxsters for over awhile. I drove a 2007 Boxster S automatic with Triptonic today that has 14,429 miles on it.
It is being sold by a non-Porsche dealer. I have scoured the Boxster websites, but the main issue that seems to come up is the rear main seal (RMS) and the potential destruction of the engine if their is a catastrophic failure of the seal. Appears to have been corrected from 2009 forward. I called our local Porsche dealership, they reviewed the work history on the car and there is nothing for RMS.
I looked underneath and it appears very clean. The dealer gave me a carfax report which shows the owner history etc, but nothing shows up that would cause concern (i don't trust carfax reports provided by a dealer-seems self serving).

Long story short, those of you with experience-I'm hoping you can provide me with the good/bad/ugly of your experiences. Appreciate the feedback!

I have owned 5 of em. All S...would not go with a non S. Would always be wishing I had an S.

I think they are great cars......kind of like a modern day 914.

07 is a good year, but electronics were upgraded in 09 to include bluetooth. Better Navi system in 09 and some other improvements.

Good luck.....but don't be surprised if you feel like the 911 is what real Porsche men drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Boxsters are very much a girls' Porsche (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) , even though it is plenty masculine for a man....I just don't see many women driving 911s.
+Quote Post
somd914
post Feb 18 2013, 09:41 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

"...07 is a good year, but electronics were upgraded in 09 to include bluetooth. Better Navi system in 09 and some other improvements..."

But what about handling, power, ergonomics, etc.? New cars, it's all about the bells and whistles...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 09:22 AM