Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> just another progress thread, and introduction-hi im xsboost90!
xsboost90
post May 12 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #161

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,432

simple yes, but the wires on the old motor and the new motor are not exactly the same. We'll see if i have everything i need... anyone have a coil hold down braket?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 12 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #162

mo progress tonite. Wiring up the motor and mounted my xr700 in the trunk. Check out how low the rear is now!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 12 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #163

the ignition unit.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 12 2005, 09:22 PM
Post #164

wires hidden under the unit and through the panel.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dead Air
post May 13 2005, 05:22 AM
Post #165

Member No.: 2,042

I really like the color of your silver paint, what is it? Maybe it's already in the thread?
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 13 2005, 06:21 AM
Post #166

House of Colors- SHIMRON silver glamour metallic i think its BC02.
+Quote Post
SGB
post May 15 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #167

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Hey Dan!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif) time for an update!!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/welder.gif) also time to fix yer avatar so the two tone matches (black on top)......
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 15 2005, 07:45 PM
Post #168

got almost everything wired up besides the one green wire that is i think for the temp guage. Prob. going to have to get new ignition wires since these seem too short. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) I put my new battery tray in and the old battery to test fit. Couldnt help myself and i hooked it up and cranked the motor a couple times over to see if everything was working. Fuel pump ran, blinkers worked, engine turned, brake lights do not work?????not sure why. Is the brake light switch just the one on the mc? That should be new and hooked up.

Still waiting for my dist hold down to show up before i can put the distributor back in, and ive been replacing fuel line that is NEW with some fuel injection hose that is alittle better-$80 worth of rubber hose (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif) - even though the old new stuff says 50lbs on it. My g/f recovered my spare tire cover today w/ the black carpet i bought while i was fixing the shifter in her 924s, and i put the rubber bumper covers and my german front plate on. No pics till tomorrow, forgot to take it to the garage.

We discussed today how the interior was going to go together and my g/f is getting some yards of suede leather to cover the lower parts of the door panels and the headliner, perhaps a few other small spots. If i cant get the dist in monday, i will most likely be installing the headlight motors and such in the front of the car. After she is running and driving, the roof, hoods, valances and rockers will need to be sanded, primed and painted to match. Hopefully this will all be in the next three weeks since im pre registered for some stuff the beginning of june. Also need to get those pesky seat brakets made out of something, somehow, sometime.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 16 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #169

well, i got my dist. braket today -thanks dominic!- installed it and tried to start her up, but it wouldnt crank. Turns out the starter took a crap and the batt. was too dead to start at the same time. Charged the battery, had the starter tested, drawing too many amps, volts or something. New starter tomorrow- this one has lifetime warranty. trying now to get my seat mounting situation squared away....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
redshift
post May 16 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #170

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

Sprint to the finish!

M
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 16 2005, 10:25 PM
Post #171

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Impressive work man...That thing looks awesome! Those Fuchs with that paint look wicked.

That first start-up is one of the reasons I'm going to wait a few weeks before I put the optical ignition in. I want to make sure when I get it all together again, it fires right up. I really dig where you put it though...that's the spot I'll put mine too.

Keep it up dude! I'm going to be in Columbus in 2 weeks...maybe we can meet for lunch?

+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 17 2005, 07:23 PM
Post #172

we'll see on lunch, thats a hundred miles from here! Got my starter to crank over tonite, looks like there wasnt good enough ground from the engine to the battery to keep grounded, ran a 924s ground cable from the neg- battery to the starter bolt, seems to work now (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) Found out i was mis informed on the rotation of the dist rotor, runs clockwise, not counter. My cool race wires are junk, but the crane cams unit is getting a signal and the coil is throwing spark. Looks like its time to adjust the valves and get some plugs and wires, then see if she'll start. Oh well. Also still trying to find a way to mount my seats, working on it but man its a biatch. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/welder.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Eric Taylor
post May 17 2005, 08:23 PM
Post #173

Member No.: 770

Keep at it man! She's a beauty and when she runs it's all gona be worth it. I just have got to say that is one of my favoriate 914's. Awesome combo can't wait to see it with deck lids. You should bring it to the WCC 2006 , I'll bring the drool rag.
Eric
+Quote Post
Brent
post May 19 2005, 10:13 AM
Post #174

Every month is Oktober

Member No.: 3,291
Region Association: Northern California

IMHO if you went for the two tone paint, you should've kept the dials. I have the same ones (16"?), but the offset and the way the center sticks out no longer suits my desires. I would like one with more "lip". However, since I'm staying with the stock color, I am also going FUCH.

But don't me wrong, your progress and work are amazing! Doing a damn fine job! Wish I had my garage back!
-Brent
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 21 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #175

got the car running today, man she sounds wicked pissed! No rear exhaust yet. Seems the xr700 wasnt fully adjusted, got it fixed and she fired instantly. Also installed my euro marker lights, killer!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 21 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #176

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/clap.gif) installed

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post May 22 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #177

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Keep rocking man!

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

I was looking at my crane unit yesterday thinking 'man...should I???' I'll be interested to see what you think the performance gains are.

I may be available next Saturday if you need a hand...I'm up for a drive!
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 23 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #178

got alittle work done tonite, clutch cable installed, shift linkage installed minus my plastic cover im waiting on in the mail, and the ebrake cables are in but not installed. My bud cleaned and repacked my cv's for me tonite, got the ds axel in but still to do the ps and torque the splines back down again. I ''may" get to pull it out by its own horsepower tomorrow nite if i get some seat brakets done. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

Question: my rear exhaust will not line up w/ the new motors heat exchangers. The new ones dont step up in the rear, they just go straight. THey also have a different pattern as for how they bolt up, the pattern is slightly wider. I have a show to go to in two weeks, anyone have a rear exhaust i can hang on there for a week until i can have my custom one made??? Any idea why this one is different?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mihai914
post May 23 2005, 10:09 PM
Post #179

Member No.: 3,697
Region Association: None

The heat exchangers pictured are for a 2.0 engine, and you probably have a muffler for a 1.7 where the exchangers would bend upwards near the end of the pipes. You should look into a Bursh if on a budget for a new muffler or you can probably post a WTB add, there were some 2.0 mufflers available lately.

Mihai
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post May 24 2005, 05:47 AM
Post #180

that would make sense, i guess someone had some 1.7 HE's on my old motor! They did bend upwards at the ends. Anyone have a stocker or something i can borrow for a week or two?
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2024 - 03:31 AM